1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors Approaching Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oschadha, Feb 22, 2006.

1. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Speculation and more speculation. That's all you're doing is posting speculation

I really wish you folks would lay off of Tmac not knowing what the problem is.

If it turns out his newborn is really ill you'll wear egg on your faces for some time.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

He said worth considering, not that it was fact. Learn to read.

3. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I read that. My thing is, its just more pointless speculation.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I've gone over this before but Yao's contract makes it very difficult to trade him for an uber-high salaried player like Garnett. We'd have to include a whole lot of filler contracts that Minny isn't going to want. Yao for KG is a near impossiblity until Yao's base year compensation wears off in the summer of '07.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I would do:

Minnesota Trades: KG, Maro Jaric, Top 3 protected 2006 1st round pick
    Houston Trades: T-Mac, Stromile, Derek Anderson

Would Minnesota get a better offer than that, you think?

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Wow so T-Mac carries us to the playoffs last season and this is how you repay him!?!? THERE IS A REASON HE SAID ABOUT HIS BACK PROBLEMS THAT HE'D HAVE TO ENDURE IT THE REST OF THE SEASON. not his whole career. while the fact he may get spasms is there the rest of his career, guess what, so does everyone. T-Mac probably plans to rest this offseason, if he doesn't, JVG probably wants him to rest. T-Mac is only 26 and since he's having a bad season (due to injuries, personal problems) people are saying he's past his peak.

Stupid.

I'm sure none of you were worried about taht when he averaged 35 ppg for 10 games. OR when we were on that 5 game west coast winning streak.

He's in a funk. He's having a personal problem that's pretty serious to him.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My own opinion is that if a trade is favorable, it is favorable. Would I repay T-Mac by trading him for Kobe? Well, I don't really like Kobe, but yes...Kobe is a better player.

What's wrong with that?

8. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

That might be, but is he a better fit here? Or are we also trading Phil and JVG? ;) :p

9. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

Now were talking. Garnett in my opinion is the most over rated player (along with Vince Carter) in the past 10 years. He will never take us to the promise land. With Rafer pushing the ball I see good things with JR Smith to lob it to. McGrady is staying in Houston, unless its for Kobe or Lebron.

10. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

J.R. Smith seems to be traded.
    May be for swift...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-mithradeintheorks&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

Update: Smith was placed on the inactive list for the first time this year Tuesday night. While the team has not informed him of a possible trade, Smith is unsure, "If they feel I can't help the team, I guess it is best for me to go elsewhere. But if it was up to me, I wouldn't because I grew up with this team and I know everybody pretty well. But it's not up to me" the Oklahoman News reports.

Recommendation: While there has yet to be any solid evidence of a trade including Smith, the Hornets are looking for another big man, so a trade is very possible.

11. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Yeah they need someone to do the bird sign after the birdman left. :D

12. caphorns

caphorns Member

I'd hope we could get more for Swift. Since when is another mediocre SG a priority?

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

This is a forum for discussion in case you missd that.

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

JR Smith would be a steal. He can play and he's only 20. For some reason he's in Byron Scott's doghouse.

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

JR Smith would be a perfect fit for us, big SG w/ DEEP range

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

JR Smith is athletic, is a regular-sized SG (none of this SG-in-PG-body crap) and can shoot the 3. I'd toss out any of our big men not named Yao to get him.

17. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I wonder why they gave up on him. The guy averaged 10ppg in only 24mpg last year as a 19 year old rookie. The few times I got to see him, he was oozing with athleticism and has the body of a legit shooting guard.

I thought he was going to be the cornerstone of that franchise? :confused:

From my perspective, any deal for him for the garbage we have on our roster, is a steal.

EDIT: he's also shooting .39% from 3 this year. so basically, we're talking about an athletic 20 year old big guard with deep range...

#57 thacabbage, Feb 22, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  18. Sooner423

Exactly. This guy is what we need. I'd even be tempted to give Stro AND Head.
    Something that may go in our favor is Stro had a really good game againtst the Hornets.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Ok, Stro, Howard, and Luther for P.J., J.R., and Maci.

20. Sooner423

PJ's not going anywhere. I would be interested in JR and Macijauskas. How about Stro and Head for JR and Macijauskas?