1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors 6/14

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JD88, Jun 14, 2012.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK. If Morey has 2-3 guys he would take at #6, it's reasonable he could know before the draft one of them would be available. But moving up just to move up without some certainty a player or two he wants will be there doesn't make sense because of the "assets" required to move up that high.

Right or wrong, I hope something happens to shake things up. Rockets don't need another Marcus Morris.

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm also hearing rumblings that Barnes may be in the mix with the Bobcats at No. 2. ESPN.com

Cavs like Lamb. I hear the Kings like Lillard ... but unlikely for both. I think they're draft range starts at No. 6 unless a team trades up ahead of that. ESPN.com

Iggy has been on the block the past 2 summers and hearing it again. Might be an option for a team like the Bobcats or even the Wizards ... think both teams could use multiple assets. ESPN.com

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Not directly related to the Rockets. But this pick could come in handy if we need to move around on draft night.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jordan might like the idea of NC product Barnes in Charlotte. Don't know how high is too high for the kid. #2 might be a little of a reach, unless Cleveland has eyes for him.

5. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

If Michael Jordan drafts him at #2, Charles Barkley will never let him hear the end of it.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/...-michael-jordan-for-being-a-bad-nba-executive

Look Michael....draft Bradley Beal at #2 and be happy!

6. ROXTXIA

7. willieg52

willieg52 Member

If we move to 6 then i say we get Drummond

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sources say that the New Orleans Hornets (10), Houston Rockets (14, 16) and Minnesota Timberwolves (18) are also open to moving their pick. In all three cases, those teams are looking for established young veterans to fill out their rosters. - Chad Ford, ESPN

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Really? Is that what we're looking for?

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't have as high an opinion of Barnes - I think he's got a nice set of offensive skills that he can bring to the table, but I don't see the aggressive determination or the ability to create for himself to become a serious first (or second) option in the league. I think he'll be an extremely nice guy to put next to a stellar playmaking point guard or a Dwight Howard-level post presence.

He'd fit in very well with Sacramento if they start going through Cousins. He might work out nicely next to John Wall or Kyrie Irving. Portland could use him so long as they also selected Lilliard or Marshall. He'd be a false messiah if Jordan selects him to save the Bobcats (or to cater to NC box office). He'd be a disaster in Toronto.

If I'm looking for a draft pick to step in and take charge of a team with low star wattage....I definitely nab Robinson, Beal, or maybe even Lilliard before I take Barnes.

And I know I didn't mention MKG. I think he's going to be a fine pro...but I really wonder how much that Kentucky team masked each other's weak points. With MKG, how effective is his offense without so many threats around him taking off defensive pressure? Are teams going to be able to sag off him and dare him to shoot out high? I think you can almost look at him as a 6-7 version of Rajon Rondo - amazing piece to plug in next to a primary scorer....but a risky bet to depend on for 20 a night.

12. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I'd take Beal over Barnes.
    I think Beal is a very special player and would take him #2.

13. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I know, I agree completly. I think the guy is an insane athlete and could be a superstar in a few years, but only if he wants to. I was rather disapointed with him this past season. Someone with his skills needs to step up and be aggressive. I think that comes with time, though. Obviously he may not develop that aggression/killer instinct, but I hope he does. He'll be fun to watch if/when he does.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This was my point in another thread. If MKG didn't play for Kentucky, nobody would be talking about him going #2. He's not an elite NBA prospect.

A 6'7 version of Rondo. That's a interesting way to put it.

15. ROXTXIA

Yep. That "K" in a University makes a player jump out more than he should.

(Kansas - Marcus Morris)

(Kentucky - PPat)

MKG will be a good NBA player, but there's some hype there too.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

MKG was the among the highest rated recruits coming out of high school (#3 according to the RSCI). Pretty sure teams thought well about his talent before he chose to go to Kentucky.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Michael-Kidd-Gilchrist-5707/

17. ROXTXIA

He'll be a good pro, but he falls into a shaky 2nd tier in this draft.

Just saying, Morey and other GMs tend to focus in on these schools and overlook others.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Like Purdue, Oregon, Syracuse, Arizona, Central Florida, Spain, Lithuania, etc?

19. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

A good one to share is "The Milwaukee Bucks would like to draft Tyler Zeller if he's still around with the twelfth overall pick. The team has also been linked to trade talks with the Charlotte Bobcats for the second overall pick."

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/06/...er.zeller.12.also.looking.re.sign.kwame.brown

This is for those of us that would prefer Leonard over Zeller (I'm sort of split, but leaning towards Leonard).

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Gery Woelfel: Bucks, seriously considering North Carolina's John Henson for their top pick.