1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors 6/14

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JD88, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I hope not. If we're gonna keep Scola and not trade him, there is nothing that will increase his efficiency and Dragic's efficiency more than taking that pick and pop out to the three-point line. If Scola can hit that three-point shot from 40% out there, that makes us a much more dangerous team because 1.2 pps is better than 0.9 pps and Dragic has even more space for his crazy drives.

(How would you like to see a pick-n-pop for the 3 and if the defense shuts that down Scola is spaced at the three-point line with Dwight coming up to the FT line to run pick-n-roll with Goran? .....Nice)

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If he can consistently hit the shot....sweet.

The fact that they're asking it of him makes me believe he'll be around to school DMo. Why not, I guess. He's DMo's man-crush.

3. jopatmc

The downside of all that is there is no conceivable way that I can think of to get Dwight an Deron on this roster while keeping both Scola and DMo.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That 3 point shot is no good if your range does not extend beyond 19 feet. Scola has some of the best post moves in the NBA and with McHale is on record with his feelings about his love of post play so I doubt we will start seeing Scola camping out much behind the arc.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Post-men becoming jump shooters?! Gasol, Bosh, Scola...?! :eek:

6. jopatmc

Look, Scola doesn't "camp out" anywhere on the court.....ever. He's not that kind of player. He's always moving. He's got post moves and he can step out and hit the pick-n-pop J. If he does have range out to the 3-point line, then that is where we need to be running the pick-n-pop play from. Hopefully he has extended range and can hit that shot at 40%. That will do nothing but help the Rockets and him.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Elephant in the Room: Scola's not being moved?

8. JD88

JD88 Member

Or were drafting Leonard. I've been saying it all along. If he's there at #14 were taking him.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If Scola or anyone else can shoot 40% from the arc then they need to take a healthy amount of 3s but 40% 3pt shooters don't grow on trees. Scola loves the little 17 - 18 foot jumper and if he can stretch the floor to the arc then great, but if he is only going to hit 30% percent I don't want him sacrificing another part of his game for those results.

10. jopatmc

Well, 30% from 3 is the same thing as 45% on that 18 footer. So...go look what Scola's percentages are on that 18 footer and then consider that if he can hit 35% from 3, it would be better than him shooting the 18 footer.

11. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

It's not just percentages. it's about getting an open look, it's about spacing the floor and creating more opportunities!

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I admire your resolve, but I don't like Howard as a player or a person. Not worth our entire roster, not for one year of being on national TV.

13. jopatmc

Absolutely. I was simply dealing with the idea that he may not shoot 40% out there. Point is 35% out there is better than 45% from 18 feet. More efficient, more spacing, etc.

14. cod

cod Member

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

To the original topic:
    Plumlee is a virtual lock for the second round, so it would seem Morey is planning on shopping there again. If you resign yourself to being good with a backup, Miles isn't a terrible pick for center. He's sharp and a team-centric type.

Glad to see the Rockets brass looking hard at frontcourt help with size. But with Scola, Patterson, and Motiejunas at the 4, they've got to jettison bodies if they bring in a guy like Henson (not a terrible idea).

Like Real GM, that's not a proper source link. All of the bits you pulled were already pulled by hoopshype from original sources
    ex. Plumlee worked out for Washington (No. 32) on Tuesday. He is scheduled to work out for Chicago (No. 29) on Thursday, Miami (No. 27) on Friday, Charlotte (No. 31) on Monday, Indiana (No. 26) on Tuesday and then Atlanta (Nos. 23 and 43), Houston (Nos. 14 and 16), Dallas (No. 17), Denver (No. 20) and Milwaukee (Nos. 12 and 42).
    Real link:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/14/henson.nba.draft.notes/index.html

Hoopshype links all the source material.

You should even then attribute it in some manner
    ex. I was told by people I know (with explanation on how they are worthwhile sources)
    ex. This is speculation on my part (read: I am making up this rumor)

16. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets will need to move up, way up, to get Meyers.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

After looking at Plumlee's athletic test results I have to ask why is he not among the top 3 center prospects in draft?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston is unlikely to keep both 14 and 16, according to a source, but the Rockets don't fret at the prospect of retaining both.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets ARE NOT GETTING DWIGHT AND DERON ON THE ROSTER.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY.

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The kid looks legit.. measured a legit 6'7 (great size for a SG) and looks pretty athletic..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AZ0E0hq40hs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>