1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Wolves "a few losses away" from trading a young star for an established vet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigggReddd, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Rubio experiment would be uglier then ty's

Exiled likes this.
  2. da_juice

da_juice Member

That be pretty short sighted. They just drafted him and they probably won't get a return equivalent to a 5th overall pick.

3. malakas

malakas Member

oh god...another crap article by Bucher.
    I don't believe a single word.

4. malakas

malakas Member

It is Rubio/ Dunn (down to 15 minutes)/ Jones

Jones got to play when Rubio was injured and proved he was much better at running the offene than Dunn who doesn' seem to have a clue.
    Lavine is a sg and it would be a crime against the sport itself to play him as pg.
    Wiggins is also better as sg btw.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Rubio please.
    Where is bballholic? Lol

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

They might just trade Lavine.

7. basketballholic

Would love to have him. With Dunn looking raw I doubt they move Rubio. With Harden continuing to exhibit immaturity I doubt we deal for him, even though MDA wants him and he would be gold running this offense.

Minny wants to dump Shabazz. He isn't a part of their future and Thibs doesn't like his attitude. Brewer and a second for Shabazz would be interesting and something I'd do just to dump Brewers salary.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Y'all reaching

Brewer, Bobby Brown and Tyler Anus for KAT and Wiggins. Rockets shouldn't offer more

Either Minny take it or they lose out on greatness.

9. Mr Chuck Norris

They were trying to get Jimmy Butler for Lavine in the draft right?

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure i remember that well, but i think the Bulls wanted LaVine AND their pick (Dunn) but Minnie said no.

11. rockets13champs

Deng and Rubio for Rose... who says no

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Tyler Ennis has higher potential than Rubio, IMHO.

13. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

From the T-Wolves point of view, this would have been my worst fear after hiring Thibs as coach: that he would get impatient, trade away young talent for vets, limiting the team's long term ceiling for the sake of playoffs in the near term. Could you imagine how you'd feel as a T-Wolves fan if Thibs traded Zach Lavine for someone like Trevor Ariza?

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

They wanted the pick + a prospect. It wan't revealed which one.

Mine too. Coaches who are also GMs are usually very impatient. And that's exactly why a hack like Bucher comes out and makes unsubstantiated articles now with his "sources".
    a coach- GM? + dissapointing start? => let's get some clicks on a young "star" being traded now
    It isn't difficult along with the Cousins articles and very soon the Wall articles. I wonder how much he's being paid to make things up.

Vivi likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Maybe they're losing because Rubio is shooting 29% from the floor and 25% from the 3.

Wtf does this guy do all summer? I thought he would be hitting 36% at this point in his career.

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Suns and Wolves should trade Bledsoe for Rubio+first rounder. Would be good for all parties.

17. malakas

malakas Member

They are losing because noone except Rubio and Dunn plays any defence, Lavine and Wiggins have bad shot selection and only Rubio and a little Kat can playmake. Their bench also sucks.
    Rubio is the least of the problems right now. Put an average pg in there and they would be even worse, since an average pg will be a worse defender and playmaker than Rubio.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yes the defense is terrible and that's clearly a major contributing factor, and that will get better by default. Rubio is still one of the major reasons they are losing imo. That level of poor shooting has a domino effect. Opponents are giving 0 ****s about him. I've never seen people back off a player this confidently. He's picking up 7 assists in 30 minutes, and while a lot of that can be attributed to the slower pace they're playing, it SHOULD be mitigated by the fact that he's playing with 4 excellent, young, dynamic scorers every night. His FT% is down too, which tells me either his confidence is shot (which I predict will continue to happen for a pass-only PG in a Thibs offense) or he showed up after a summer of doing little to nothing.

I understand that he is a good defensive player and excellent playmaker, but I don't think you're quite appreciating what 29% shooting means. You're describing it as if we're talking about 36-37% which is already atrocious. If he were shooting 35% I'd agree that it would be a small worry on the radar. But a starter shooting 29% without even being covered by decent defense is a MAJOR problem, can bring a whole team's effort down. We are talking about 29% overall and 25% from 3 for the starter who plays most minutes at the position. Can you imagine if Ryan Anderson was grabbing 3 rebounds in 30 minutes? If Gordon was getting 0.5 assists in 30 minutes? It's that kind of thing.

Hopefully their defense will improve and lift the team but Rubio does need to get it together. It's never going to be easy for him under Thibs but he has to rebuild his career and I don't know ANYTHING about his off court work ethic but I would hope he's not lazy off the court.

19. Lightsnowaction

That would suck for a shortsided trade like that, but eventually the future must produce. Look at the Lakers, they are young, but putting together wins on the court. The 76ers have as many wins as the Wolves, that is not ideal, something has to change.

Now, if they can trade Dieng and/or Shabazz, that would be great.

20. gambingo

gambingo Member

Lets hope they want Brewer back.