1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Rumor} Wilson Chandler Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 1, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or play defense or handle switches well

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

JoeBarelyCares and justtxyank like this.
  3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It really hurts to lose Ariza. That said, I've always been interested in seeing a more dynamic offensive player getting those minutes at the 3. Chandler fits that bill. I haven't exactly been vindicated by time on this, but I was pining for Chandler over Ariza back in the Ariza part 1 days...

[Bulls.com/Sam Smith] T-Mac takes his spot on the NBA Trading Block

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As much of a laughing stock he’s become since... Chandler Parsons his last year here was really that/becoming that.

Unfortunately I do t think Wilson is it but definitely a decent stop gap role player that would make sense depending on the deal.

napalm06 likes this.
  5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yeah, definitely a stopgap. I'm just saying he's more dynamic because you don't have to hold your breath every time he dribbles a ball, like you do with Ariza.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Not true. He made 1.2 threes a game this past season, 1.5 in 2016-2017, 1.8 in 2014-2015 (he missed all of the 2015-2016 season due to injury) and 2.0 in 2013-2014.

However, he’s certainly no marksman from three, as his best percentage over those seasons was 36% (this year).

7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Denver is competing. They are not going to trade with us.

saleem likes this.
  8. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Denver also forked over a **** ton of money to Jokic and Barton. They will want to avoid the luxury tax this year.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

And they view Wilson chandler as a guy they’d like to dump on anyone.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No? OK, stick w/'framework'. All I'm doing is spitballin' on WC.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He would be good and we have been trying to bring chandler here for some time. Would be nice now that Ariza will be with the suns.

He shoots the 3 pretty well and still athletic and I like his defense.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes. He can still play. Just didn't get the opportunity with the youth movement in Denver. Last couple years have been hard for all of the Chandler brothers, Wilson, Tyson and Parsons.

NIKEstrad likes this.
  13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Gordon/Anderson/Nene for Millsap and Chandler, now that could work!

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Have Denver throw in Vanderbuilt and I'm all in.

DonKnock and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

we also want to dump Anderson
    i don't see how we can get it to work

saleem likes this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'll admit I'm biased since I know the guy, but ******** on Kelly Iko on today of all days is bizarre to me.

First off, on his Ariza $50-60M report, he never once said that Ariza would GET that type of contract. The point was that he was seeking it, as of mid-June. Kelly then followed up on his report in a podcast interview with the Houston Roundball Review (transcribed here). Here's what he said about Ariza:

Trevor ended up getting the ANNUAL value he wanted, just not the years. But the exact dollar figure Trevor would get was never the point, because obviously it takes two to tango. The larger context was that a 33-year-old Ariza wasn't especially motivated by the opportunity to play for a contender. His first priority was a payday. Personally, I tried to convince myself Kelly was wrong and/or that his agency source was bluffing, because I think it would've been in the Rockets' best interest for Trevor to stay. Trevor fits the profile of players who typically take contending discounts, and he doesn't make a lot of sense (either way) for a team like Phoenix. Based on that and his tight bonds with Rockets' players and management, I and most other people I talked to who cover the team expected him to stay. As it turned out, not only did Ariza not stay, but he was so ready to leave that he left within the first hour! Kelly was exactly right and sniffed out the dynamic that most of us didn't believe would take priority.

That said, while I do think Kelly deserves props on the Ariza story, it's not like he's perfect. He makes mistakes, just like any journalist does (including me). His story on the Suns planning to max Capela on May 10 ended up being wrong, though it should be noted Phoenix unexpectedly won the draft lottery after that report — which put them in position to draft Ayton. That changed the situation, and it's a perfect example of how situations change all the time in this league. It's an incredibly difficult league to report on. There are so many bluffs, so many leverage plays from both the player/agent side and the teams that sometimes even the best reporters have no idea how it's actually going to play out. All they can try to do is lay out the various dynamics as best they can.

In the past month, Kelly has gotten personal words of congrats and validation from the likes of Daryl Morey and Luc Mbah a Moute, among many others. Newsflash: That's not something NBA GMs and players do about clickbait types who just make things up to stir people up online. They do it because they see him genuinely grinding and working his butt off, and they know and respect him. Kelly isn't perfect, and I'm not trying to say that he is... but going after him today, when he was one of the only reporters I saw who was hot on the tail of the biggest surprise story (Ariza) of FA, seems really strange.

#56 The Cat, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  17. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Thank you for this post. It's blatantly obvious the people who don't watch the NBA outside of the Rockets to actively want Wilson Chandler getting major minutes on a championship contender.

He honestly does nothing well anymore. His decline was extremely drastic this year.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. cebu

cebu Member

Bye Ariza. Oh wait... nevermind.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

do not want.

36% from 3
    30% corner 3
    113drtg
    -00.4dbpm
    1.2dws
    0.6vorp

the terrible D numbers may be a product of the nuggets playing terrible D, but the shooting (specifically corner) is a non starter.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Perfect replacement for Ariza

shoots better, a bit worse in defense but has 24M left over two years..