1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Thunder traded James Harden because he partied too much during 2012 NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan0, Mar 11, 2016.

1. J Hard

J Hard Member

It was all about the money.

Harden should sue for defamation of character.

If all these Black athletes across all sports begin suing these scum 'journalists' for slandering I bet credible articles will be forced to flood this profession.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Clearly, it worked out for them.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sounds about right. Sam Presti is a very smart GM. It was only a matter of time before Harden ruined that franchise and the players

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not even going to open the link

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

wouldn't be shocked, it's Miami.

6. houtown

houtown Member

Who knows, can be legitimate about the partying and the lackadaisical performance the next possible day on the court. I think there were some people suspecting this during the Houston and Los Angeles playoff series during the game. if true, probably something Harden just has to work through to be better player on the court.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's Jim Harden and South Beach

I don't need an article to tell me what's going down.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

9. houtown

houtown Member

a*.* from My previous post at the time.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This. Good lord.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Not saying you are wrong, but I don't remember it that way. I guess most of my bball stuff comes from here, and the board seemed super positive about it. I remember a long thread about Harden possibly being available in the NBA Dish, and most knowledgeable posters were all on board with going after Harden. Maybe just these national ppl are idiots. I would have expected NBA GM's to know as much as CF posters though. Harden's stats were amazing his last year with OKC. It was obvious he was special.

12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Presti's analytics predicted that Harden would start dating a Kardashian in the near future and he was just selling high.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Me too that team would have won rings. 3 of the top 10 players on 1 team

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's funny that some people are still trying to justify what ended up being one of the worst trades in NBA history. The ONLY reason they traded him was because their owner was cheap.

1 person likes this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/158678148" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/158678148">

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be honest, I thought Harden was getting mauled that series with few calls, almost as if the "head-whip" that was earning him free throws in the previous series had been pointed out to the head of officiating (and the game refs were over-doing the correction, as so often happens; when in doubt, don't let your boss be in doubt....that you read the memo).

I thought the Thunder were summarily screwed in that series. Whether they would have won is one question. But LeBron wore the shiniest halo that whole series. The league made sure its biggest star would emerge with a ring.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's a laughable and idiotic statement.

The Rockets got James Harden because of "shlt happens in OKC", there is nothing planned.

I am pretty sure the signings of the Lin and Asik weren't part of any plans to steal James Harden but rather looked like straight to the lottery.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is false.

The real reason is Presti took out Harden for a steak dinner and Harden poured a1 sauce all over both of their tbones.