1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Rockets exploring trade scenarios for Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2oo8, Jul 3, 2009.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Bosh is a choker, a second tier star at best. He's definitely not a franchise player and plays too soft, in the Dirk mode. If you were frustrated by Kneemac settling for jump shots, just wait until it's your big man doing it. He put up big numbers on a terrible team like Zach Randolph. Don't be fooled by Chris Bosh just because he's Texan. He's not that good. On a good team he's a Pau Gasol at best and a Luis Scola at worst- and we've already got Luis Scola.

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

You couldn't tell by the title of the thread?

Now that Dallas has once again been victimized by Mark Cuban's short-sighted approach to building his team (Kidd trade....Gortat signing)...we do have a leg up on other teams for Bosh's services. I think New York would be our only real competition if we decided to go all-in for Bosh next summer.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Man, I really like ur thinking. I agree, don't sell that playing with yao crap, I would rather focus on playing for a coach that made webber a mvp candidate and a young pg and sf who can also play. Plus playing close to home isn't such a bad idea either.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its funny guys like you never point out the big numbers yao put up when tracy was out and the team couldn't win a game or just leave out he was the best player on a team that made the playoffs and won 49 games not to long ago. Or the fact that every gm in the league would take bosh over every rockets player.

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If we add Bosh to the team we will be contending again, simple as that.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

who will we give up for Bosh? T-mac? We can't lose our Depth just to add a center with no support.

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

well if they can't assemble a championship roster now, they'll give him up.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the rockets have no scorers. assuming yao and tmac are done as rockets (in the big picture) you give up whatever you can to get a star. role players are replaceable. that's what first round picks and MLE is for.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Without trading Tmac, I don't know how this trade could work. WHY would Toronto want Tmac's contract? True, its insured, but still.

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Financial crisis! Yay!!! :p

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Bosh on this team? Dude cant even lead the Raptors to the playoffs. A typical "Stats First" guy.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Is that enough? Are they in THAT much trouble? I haven't read enough to confirm or deny this.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he did the year before. last yr was just a bad year for him.

his skills fit what adelman looks for in a big man.

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He's had a solid team around him both years but I don't get how he only got them 33 wins this year.

He would be a good fit in the high post but HE CAN NOT play center for us. He would get abused and really is not a good defender.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

They just went for Hedo T. and lost out so there just going to resigned there guys Marion and Delfino while offereing Lee a contract.

Problem I see getting Bosh is while they want an expiring contract they will want something back and they have tons of bigs which is what we would offer. Only thing I can think of is:

TMAC/Carl Landry

for

Bosh/M. Banks

It works but Landry enough?

16. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

You would have to pray that Battier and Scola would be enough to get them to pull the trigger along with Cooks expiring contract. Unless they wanted Brooks which would leave us with no PG.
    Toronto wouldnt want Tmac because they could just keep Bosh. If Morey can get the Bat, Scola, Cook deal done that would be brilliant.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

There's no way we get him this summer.

I think Morey has him at #1 priority next summer though. We have to get to Bosh before the Mavs do.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It's funny guys like you never point out all the things Yao does that softies like Bosh can't do. How about own the paint, shutting down would be finishers at the rim? Play great one on one post defense? Leading teammates with his toughness, heart, and work ethic? I don't deny that he is one of the most skilled big men in the league, but he has never been dominant in this league and he doesn't seem to have it in him. That's what I'm afraid of, that he's not focused enough on the game to lead a team. That's why he can't be a franchise player, only second fiddle to a real stud.

And why have you started comparing Bosh to Yao? I'm breaking down Bosh's game and somehow you bring up Yao as if it affects Bosh's game.

If Bosh was so wanted by GMs around the league, he wouldn't be in Toronto anymore. He's a skilled guy on a bad team who puts up numbers. Nothing more.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Well, if we send Luis, Batman, and Cook for Bosh it also works. I don't like this trade, but at the same token we trade talent for youth. I'm not to opposed to that.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yea but I DOUBT they will want to trade for Battier, now Scola yes but if they sign Lee then they are copies of each other so it wouldn't makes since so I guess either do what was mentioned earlier and wait till 2010 or hope to hell Lee does not sign with them.