1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Rockets after Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm concerned that Amare got dominated by LA's frontline in the playoffs.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would only make sense if Scola was involved in the trade. If Scola is not involved then don't need. We could use, but we just don't need another PF having to play center.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Everyone got dominated by LA's frontline in the playoffs. Yao and Amare would present problems.

4. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Scola is about to get a nice pay raise.. for a few $million more, I think he might be willing to go anywhere. It's not like he has twenty more years to make his money.

5. Htown's2kFinest

that series he avg. 25ppg on a 53 FG%. he kept there ass in it.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I would prefer Amare over Bosh. There's only one year of age difference.

Amare is more agressive on offense than Bosh, and I don't think Bosh's defense is monumentally better than Amare's.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree. That said, Phoenix is only willing to go so far to negotiate with him because of those flaws. Cleveland would move heaven and earth to keep LeBron.

8. acefan18

acefan18 Member

He didn't have Yao, Scola, or Hayes playing beside him though.

9. HPD

HPD Member

a fixed kee cap.... bad eye other thn that they r the same.... id rathe have bosh... but amare is a 2nd option....

10. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

He also had 40+ points in Game 3 against the Lakers.

Amare is back.

My only question about him is his rebounding. I think that is a fair criticism of him, even moreso than his defense.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I don't think Phoenix can do better, honestly. Amare can leave them high and dry, and he wouldn't agree to a sign and trade if too much talent was leaving his new team. With the news coming out of new york, it's looking more likely that will be a lotto pick. If push came to shove I'd offer Scola. However, until you see how Yao returns from his injury I'd do my best to get Amare or Bosh without Scola included.

12. HPD

HPD Member

or just playn 4 a big contract

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're happy to trade those assets for a player who's going to demand the max and has his history of injuries? I'm not. Not after years of dealing with Yao and McGrady. No thank you.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Very true. Counterpoint, does Scola think that he can actually win a ring with PHX? He does not have much more time to win. Going to Phoenix means he has to start over. I don't think he would do that, even for a couple million more. Plus, like I said earlier, Phoenix has no money. Kerr was amazing for that team and he is the best person for their transition period and yet he was fired/asked to take a pay cut. They would not be willing to overpay a 30 year old forward when Sarver is breathing down their necks about cutting costs.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

3, 21 (10-13)
    6, 29 (11-19)
    11, 23 (11-14)
    8, 15 (6-14)
    4, 21 (7-14)
    4, 9 (2-9)

That's Amare's rebounds and the points Gasol scored (with his shooting numbers) in that series. Grabbing less than 5 boards in half of the series? We do have to go through LA.

Now I agree that he will be surrounded by better defenders, but the concerns about his rebounding and defense are legit.

16. Htown's2kFinest

the suns wouldn't have gotten to a game six without him, let alone make the playoffs. I agree he could rebound better doh but him and Yao together would be pure domination.

17. Ketchup&Mustard

There are deals with mid level talent + prospects + picks around every corner. These sort of packages GM's can put together over their lunch break, so I'm sure another team could offer something just as good or better. I agree it's a bit risky to trade Scola with Yao's uncertain future, but I'm sure that's what the Brad Miller back up talk is all about..

18. realmustang

realmustang Member

When have you ever seen Amare play without Nash? What are you basing your opinion on?

19. Htown's2kFinest

you got something wrong there btw. he did have a 42pt game against the Lakers frontline.

20. anchel

anchel Member

Mmm not that much. He had 2 bad first games but improved as the series progressed. Credit for him, he was widely criticized after the games in LA but reacted in Phoenix and even dominated Pau in some games.