1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Rockets after Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jun 30, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Amar'e won ROY without Nash. Nash doesn't make shots for Amar'e.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I'll take Amare as a nice fallback plan if Bosh goes elsewhere. Don't forget he's played center in the past.

3. Ketchup&Mustard

Amare's lack of defense is a bit concerning, especially with such a defense deficient back court. However, if the deal does involve Luis Scola in a SnT then it's not like we're really losing that much defensively. Now, if Battier must be included we definitely lose some defense but I think Battier will start to decline, if he hasnt already, in the next year or two anyway like Artest is right now.

So, if it's Battier and Scola then we really don't lose that much defensively in the long run and gain quite a bit more offensive explosiveness.

4. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I'd take Amare.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Amare is underrated on this forum. He is an elite PF.

Just look at his numbers this year:
    61.5% True Shooting percentage
    22.69 PER
    24.4 usage rate
    .557 FG%
    23.1 PPG

Compare him to Bosh:
    59.2% TS
    25.11 pER
    25.9 usage rate
    .518 FG%
    24 PPG

Yes, Bosh is better, but Amare is not far off. Amare could be better on defense, but you don't pass on this kind of talent because of his defense. If anything, you surround him with some better defensive players.

3 people like this.
  6. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

This.

7. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

yes, THIS

8. DVauthrin

I'd try to keep Scola out of the deal if possible. That way you could play Amare at center beyond next season if Yao doesn't return to form. If Yao gets back to form you would have a great sixth man in Scola. I'd see if they would take a combo of Hill, Battier, Jeffries, and one of the knicks picks instead.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes and imagine this...

Brooks
    Martin
    Chase
    Amar'e
    Yao

We'd outscore any team, and people worried about defense forget we'd still have Lowry, Hayes, maybe Jeffries, and Hill...and Yao isn't bad defensively at all.

Plus think of the plays Adelman would run with the added scoring threat of Amar'e (or Bosh) with Yao and Brooks and Martin on the floor, it'd be simply too much for teams to stop.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's a very good player, but he's very injury prone.

11. DVauthrin

which is why you have a chance to acquire him. if he had no flaws he wouldn't be leaving Phoenix.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This is giving up way too much. I don't think we would need to give up Budinger. Maybe Hill, though. Hopefully, Battier could be bought out by Phoenix, too.

13. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not really. Amare isn't a restricted free agent, either.

If you insist, from just last year:

• Toronto traded forwards Shawn Marion, Kris Humphries, center Nathan Jawai and cash considerations to Dallas; acquired forwards Devean George and Antoine Wright from Dallas and forward Hedo Turkoglu from Orlando; sent cash considerations to Orlando and a 2016 second-round pick to Memphis as part of a four-team deal
    ]

Hedo and Shawn Marion were both signed; clearly, Toronto packaged players with Marion in this deal.

With regard to Amare, I think he's the best offensive big man in the league right now -- he's that good. It's not even his defense that bothers me, I just wonder about his knee and his offcourt/locker room antics. It's one thing when your #3/4 guy is a bit of a screwball (Ron Artest), but a bit tougher when it's your #1/2.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am talking from Houston stand point of dealing Scola with Battier in the rumored package would any of that matter since I believe Toronto was under the cap to make the deal work?

15. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Hopefully this, especially since Les Alexander really likes Scola and wants him back with the Rockets.

17. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

I hope the rockets are not consider trading for Amare. Dude sucks on D and have a piss poor attitude. Not to mention he is injury prone.

1 person likes this.
  18. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

people are so quick to bash his defense. Is Bosh that much better on defense? plus if you're in an uptempo offense like PHX, you don't have as much energy to spend on defense.

Surround him with Yao and some defenders and I bet his D is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

19. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

co-sign Scola Battier> Stat

20. ThaShark316_28

Agreed. Same with Bosh. These guys have never played with a legit center that you have to account for on BOTH ends of the court. I think that plays a major factor into what happens to these players on the floor.