1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Rockets after Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jun 30, 2010.

1. CKent

CKent Member

We would probably have to pony up more cash than them. I might be in the minority but after watching his second half I would offer him max. Prefer Bosh but I think they are both studs.

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:grin:

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

One of the PHX beat writers was on 610 this afternoon and he mentioned that Phoenix is only offering Amare a 4 year deal because of his knee. They don't want to tie up any additional money because while normally a team is insured for 80% of an injured players salary, nobody will insure Amare because of his microfracture surgery and eye problems.

That's probably enough to scare me off. Maybe 4 years or less but nothing more.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Smokescreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

5. HPD

HPD Member

1 or 2 or them will be traded

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Thank you! I'm not sure why anyone thinks they may be posting something new, unheard of, or not already beat to death on this forum.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I bet Scola would do a sign and trade for a team like the Suns and for a big enough contract. I think Amar'e is a good plan B. Think of all of the wide open shots Scola gets with Yao playing. Amar'e is even more deadly from the outside. He's not without issues, but I think he is worth the risk.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I would rather just keep Scola.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised - there have been FAR too many links between the Rockets' front office and Amar'e in the past for there not to be real interest. I think Bosh remains the priority, but honestly, working on your plan B while you're on plan A can often make you appear more desirable to plan A (Bosh). It would make the Rockets look desirable as a destination, and could prevent Bosh from stringing them along.

Stoudemire's knee is definitely worrisome for a six-year deal, but in the here and now, he's a legit stud. Certainly worth considering.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The Chicago Bulls convey to the New York Knicks the contract of Antonio Davis and the signed-and-traded contract of Eddy Curry. In exchange, New York conveys to Chicago the contracts of Tim Thomas and Michael Sweetney, the signed-and-traded contract of Jermaine Jackson, and New York’s regular second round draft choice in 2007 and 2009.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/curry_traded_051004.html

The Eddie Curry to NY deal had a SnT player packaged with other players on both sides of the deal.

11. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

lmao!!!!

12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

cba changed

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too.

14. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Dude

When Amare's head is right - he is a beast.

Having him next to Yao would be special.

I am ALL for it . . .

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think we would be trying to keep Amare and get Phoenix to bite on young talent.

Give them Battier+Hill+2012 first rounder+3 mil cash (sarver is strapped)

Yao/Scola
    Amare/Patterson
    Ariza/Budinger
    Martin/Taylor
    Brooks/Martin

16. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I dont believe it because Morey knows amare is not that good and is overrated

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

That's a lot of 125-120 games but we would win a great number of those. :grin:

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Morey has been after Amare for years and almost traded for at the last minute at the last trade deadline.

If we can get him without giving up AB and just one of Hill/Bud along with Battier and Scola I am for it.

19. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I would think they would want to stay somewhat competitive with Nash still around

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Fixed and I would do that deal in half a heartbeat.