1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor Mill] Blazer, Knicks, rockets in preliminary talks; Carmelo Anthony likely involved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 6, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Saying you'd take Melo over Love is fair. That's a preference thing and evaluates fit, etc. I can respect that even if it's not the choice I would make.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

[​IMG]
    upload pic

Little Bit likes this.
  4. justtxyank

That's not REALLY Dirk.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. sabesque

sabesque Member

it's pretty glass house-ish of a dude who runs a parody account of Dirk to call another team's fans the worse.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. justtxyank

It's pretty stupid as well. Does anyone here care about the Mavs at all anymore?

sabesque likes this.
  7. Mr Chuck Norris

You do know CLeveland wasnt the first place Love played either right?

Sephkane and justtxyank like this.
  8. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

[​IMG]

9. dje243

dje243 Member

This right here is a side effect of Astros dominance. I honestly can't remember seeing many Rockets fans trash Dallas last season. Maybe a few... but Arlington is another story. I fully support all petty trolling directed at the mavs/rangers. Let's prove him right.

Sephkane and Perki-Perk like this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

You're clearly bias to Love here. Or maybe have dislike for Melo. Either way you're basketball assessment is wrong. Yes Love's a better shooter than Melo. But Love is a spotup shooter that get's 3's off Lebron or Kyrie kickbacks. Melo is normally taking 3's off the dribble with a defender in his face. BIG difference. In order for you to get kickback 3's, you have to have other guys that can create plays. The Knicks don't have that. Cleveland has 2 of the best. The Rockets now have 2 of the best playmakers in the NBA. So in other words, Melo's 3pt% will dramatically go up being the beneficiary of open catch & shoot 3's off CP3/Harden penetration. Melo's efficiency will increase playing with better playmakers. But it's CLEAR who the superior player is at this point. Melo can do everything Love can do offensively but better. Love isn't a ball handler or playmaker. This isn't even a fair comparison

11. justtxyank

I swear, you guys never watched Love play before Cleveland if you really think all he does is get threes off of other guys creating shots for him.

Guy put up 26 points per game on a better efficiency than Melo has ever had. Melo's career high offensive rating is 113 (good) compared to Love's 123. (Better)

donkeypunch likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I guess people forgot how dominant Love was in his T'wolves days. His best skills are posting up and rebounding. None of which the Cavs played to.

Perki-Perk and justtxyank like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

ill disagree there. dominant? if anything his twolves days proved he wasn't really as good as the numbers indicated cause they were still losing year after year. he is a better shooter than he is at posting up as far as contributing to actual wins. his post game is nothing to be scared of as far as effecting the game on a nightly basis.

obviously he proved he can be a good piece to a winning team but obviously not as a #1 option

14. justtxyank

You have posters who are flat out saying he doesn't post up because he's not good at it or is too soft to do it. Amazing.

What a time to be alive.

slothy420 likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I remember reading something about his offensive rebounding % being super high off missed 3's, which would fit nicely here. Harden also had a high volume of misses off of a specific play (I forget now) that Love rebounded well from. To me it's a no-brainer that Love is the better fit team-wise, but when you consider beating the Golden State Warriors specifically -- then I'm not so sure. Love's production seems neutered against GSW.

16. justtxyank

Wait wait...hold on...

Melo's team has lost consistently with Melo there. Does this mean he's not even as good as his stats that are worse than Love's? Or does the losing thing not apply to him?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh my post had nothing to do with melo. Just responding to what i just saw as far as KL. I guess i stepped into some love/melo drama here haha

but to answer your question it definitely applies.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Melo isn't a leader.

He plays best as a second or third fiddle.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's really DICK.

Gorki and justtxyank like this.
  20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

7 pages in....anything juicy yet?