1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Jeff Green to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HRox832, Dec 6, 2014.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

shhhhhh! posters here don't like logic. they like baseless rumors.

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Lance would be a horrible fit on the rockets. He basically succumbs to the same problem rondo encounters playing with harden. Both are Horrible catch and shoot players.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

we are in every trade rumor right now but for SF.... does this mean we want to cash out on Paps and rolls the Dice on Tjones and Monty? Morey does like playing threes on the four sometimes to add some three point shooting. In fact, having a large stable of SF who can d up and drain threes may be the plan. A PF in the stable for size mismatch and a SF crew who can drain threes all day long when a team goes small enough. Size is starting to matter less in modern NBA schemes and I think the Rockets have found a way to exploit that.

4. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Let me try a different tactic then...

Celtics out: Jeff Green
    Celtics in: Clint Capela

Rockets out: Clint Capela, NOP 2015 1st, some second rounders
    Rockets in: Goran Dragic

Suns in: Jeff Green, NOP 2015 1st, some second rounders
    Suns out: Goran Dragic

The TPE from the Lin trade is used to absorb Dragic's contract. Essentially acquire Dragic for 2 first round picks.

I hope this is more in line with expectations...

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No guarantee that you or I will stay healthy. Just saying.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I didn't realize this. I thought it would be possible to get him cheaply.
    I would pass up on him after learning this.

7. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

YES! Are people really saying they think KPap is better than Jeff Green?

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I would think the proper statement would be "Papa has the potential to be better than Green."

9. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I actually agree with you. KPap has been good and definitely has a lot of potential, but the Rockets are in win now mode with Harden and Dwight and Green is definitely an upgrade to KPap.

10. txn

txn Member

Funny that you think Celtics would trade Green for Capela :grin::grin::grin:

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Ainge is quite well known for overvaluing his decent players. Example Rondo.

12. Raven

Raven Member

You are better than this. At least you used to be.

13. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Ah, that makes sense. It seemed a little off. They should learn how to speak American over there.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Christian Today...? Okay. Move along.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this sounds more like authors opinion rather than reported rumors. did anyone read the rest of the article? the writer thinks the lakers are trying to win their 17 championship this year, and that the hornets are thinking of releasing lance stephenson.

also this should go in the random trade idea thread because its about as valid as any of the ideas being made up in there lol.

16. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Yes, that is exactly what I did. I also compared Pap to a bag of chips. That was totally the point of the post. There's was no hyperbole involved. Props on catching onto that.

...I was just making a point about how absolutely insane and 100% impossible the proposed trade was. I love Pap, but thinking you could package him and a couple of second round picks for Lance is bananas.

17. tharges

tharges Member

Dmo has a skill on this team that is so valuable and it's the low post scoring. Reminds me a lot of Scola when he was here. Do we give that up when Dwight comes back? Too me he is more consistent than Dwight in the low post, plus he can make his free throws. On the Green front, could Morey be thinking to use him to recruit Durant? Him along with Harden to entice Durant to come here? Morey thinking long term?

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Pap worth a bag of chips to you? I guess you don't watch many Rockets games.

19. rockets13champs

it feels like lifetimes ago when harden and green were teamates

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I would think that the coaching staff has thought this one through. One obvious strategy would be to offset Howard to just outside the lane on the weak side ready to take the lob or crash the boards for an easy put back. Another option would be to cut Howard from the weak side out to the front of the basket for a D-Mo bounce pass. There are numerous other options.

I would doubt seriously that Morey has even thought about Green. I would not expect any trade until everyone gets healthy and he can evaluate the team. There might be a minor trade around the deadline where Morey tries to pick a discounted asset. By then everybody should have a good idea about the value of the NOP pick.