1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Houston seeing if there is trade market for Ty Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 1, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

Who Joe Johnson?

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Already sounds like a Rocket to me.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Only teams that would be interested are the knicks and Nets...everyone else is pretty set at PG.

4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

No!

Instead of introspecting, they are doing too many external changes.

How does a team build character if they don't work through hard times?

Unless he is a clear cancer, they shouldn't make this move. Getting him was the right move and they need to allow adjustment time to get Ty and James playing together properly.

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketshopeful

i would like to see any posts along these lines. If so, they were delusional. I don't remember seeing anything like that.

the point is, giving up in 20 games is too soon and is not comparable to the lin experiment which was two seasons.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Interesting trade idea. Johnson might be a nice mesh with Harden. Gives you some 3/4 options. And you get rid of Brewer's multi-year salary. Do the Rockets take back "less salary" in this move? That's key with being hard capped.

7. bmd

bmd Member

Why am I listed as a "McHale lover / apologist"?

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Aren't the Suns playing well?

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Sounds like a cheap Morey pick up to me.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If they do that to Ty Lawson, the franchise will pretty much junk their reputation. The problem with this team is coaching. Get Thibs ASAP.... The pieces will work once Thibs incorporates his system.. Don't do something stupid.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's confusing you with a Ballistic Missile Defense system. No, don't ask me to explain it.

;-)-

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Keep him for the season, try to trade the coaching staff in the meantime.

1 person likes this.
  13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its about expectation vs reality.

When Lin was signed here, no one in this organization nor the majority of the fans or any sane person will expect him to carry this franchise back to the glory days. Before the Harden trade in that summer, that Rockets roster was regarded as the current 76ers and we were about to tank the season.

So while Lin was not a good PG for this franchise moving forward, but saying him as a complete disaster from the get go is also unfair, and that's why he was not dumped immediately.

However, Lawson is a completely different story. While the Rockets did not give up much assets for him, but the expectation on him is extremely high and he was highly regarded as the final missing piece for this franchise to win it all.

Not only he failed so far, but also the way how he failed, which is a complete disaster.

This franchise is not getting used to losing, if the owner and management can let go of their coach which just paid him 12 mils for 11 games, there is no reason to believe that they will not let go of a player after 20 games whose done NOTHING at all.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

15. basketballholic

...........and several others.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You think this franchise will give a fork about reputation over winning?

LOL

Let me remind you this franchise just fired their coach after paying him 12 mils over 11 games.

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Cyber, you hearing anything on the possibility of hiring a coach or are you hearing the same on keeping Bickerstaff for the rest of the year?

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I wouldn't really be bothered by that dbags sig to be honest

19. mockster

mockster Member

For 15 minutes of play lawson had 9 points 3-3 3pt land and 3 assist [should of had 6 many shooters missed] and is the one who mounted the comeback.

I think lawson can work if he controls the offense like he was last night and not defer to harden

20. bmd

bmd Member

Oh I'm not bothered at all. I'm just curious as to what I posted that makes him think I am a McHale apologist. I'm curious.