1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Houston seeing if there is trade market for Ty Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think the thing here is, as I've said, whether we are willing to take back salary this season so as not to suck or does Daryl continue to jerk off over Kevin Durant.

If Ty Lawson can be combined with Tjones and/or KJ (whatever) for an established Player Who Can Help..........then, yes, Steve Kyler, I agree witchoo.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I would think that even the LOH will agree that Lawson this season so far is worse than the overall 2 years performance of Lin in the Rockets,

so let me remind you that our GM realize the facts and shipped Lin out before the 3rd year started, even he will need to send out a first round pick too.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Let's get Darren Collison pleaseeeeeee

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd rather us find a better coach who could integrate Lawson into our offense and teach Harden to play off the ball better like he did in OKC. Lawson is a talent that you just shouldn't toss after a month of not even trying to bring him into the offense.

Harden said he wanted another playmaker/ball handler on this team. We got it. We just don't know how to use it and Harden hasn't tried to adjust.

1 person likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Steve Kyler at BasketballInsiders folks. This is the guy that Alex Kennedy works for.

They take obvious "connect the dots" situations they can see from face value as a fan, and sell some "insider info" that they are likely making up to get page clicks.

Likelihood that Kyler or Kennedy would actually break the news of an actual trade? ... very unlikely.

That being said, yeah its pretty obvious since a player making 12 million a year is collection DNP's... yeah, of freaking course they are open to shopping him for a trade... The better question is why wouldn't they be open to shopping him?

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This.

If and a big if Lawson and Harden can ever figure out how to play together and off each other, this 1-2 punch at the guard position will be incredible and an absolute must for us to have a chance at winning.

Lawson's value is so low that I doubt you get anyone better to make us better. At this point our only chance of getting better just based on personnel is Lawson learning how to play with James and vice versa. If that doesn't happen and Lawson is traded for say a 2nd rounder, it pretty much tells you Morey has decided to throw away the season. I see no way Rockets come close to winnign with Harden handling the ball and initiating 100% of the time. Ok for regular season wins but not ok come playoff time.

That would be 48 minutes of relentless penetration, dishing and scoring.

1 person likes this.
  7. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

See if the Suns will bite on a Lawson for Bledsoe deal.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, so much. Lawson has been one of the best playmaking PG's in the NBA and very capable on offense. Harden wanted to play with a capable PG and got his wish granted, it's time for him to acknowledge he isn't efficient as a floor general and that our offense would be more potent with a real floor general handling the ball.

9. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

LOL. 0% chance

10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am ok with sitting Harden for a quarter here and there and giving lawson the ball and seeing what he has. What do we have to lose. We are winning 38% of our games right now. That isn't even treading water. If throwing a few quarters away will answer the question of what Lawson as for the Rockets lets find out. We could be surprised and he has some game. Or we can answer the question that he doesn't when Harden is not in there hogging the ball. Give him all of the 2nd and let him run with the 2nd unit to start and finish with the starters minus Harden.

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

That takes a maturity level and a level of humility that Harden has not demonstrated. Until he does. This basketball product is what we get.

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

WOULD YOU TRADE HIM FOR JEREMY LIN?!

13. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

I would be hesitant to trade a player who just last year averaged 15 pts and 9 assist. I refuse to believe he has totally lost his ability to play basketball in less than a year. This coaching staff needs to figure out plays to maximize his strengths or bring in a coaching staff that can. Hell, run the same plays they ran in Denver last year if you have to just get this man involved and not just as a spot up shooter.

1 person likes this.
  14. dmorey

dmorey Member

salaries wont match in a lin trade

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

no not at all but Canaan and Covington going off a couple nights ago was embarrassing

16. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I am not sure why people think Lawson just "needs time to learn to play with James" when he is playing like **** no matter who is on the court. The other narrative of "he needs the ball in his hands to be effective" is also entirely spurious this year with Ty. He has been passive, disinterested, and ineffective no matter when he has been on the court or who he has been on the court with.

He really just needs to learn how to play defense and he'll find his ass free of splinters.

17. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

This.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He was joking. But even if they did, it would be a terrible trade.

Lawson has been a top PG for years and one of the best playmakers, the Rockets staff has been a complete failure in allowing him to be himself and help this team with his skillset. His value is at an all-time low because of the dui's and his performance here, it would be a firesale.

We know who Lin is and where his ceiling as a player is, Lawson is light years above him if utilized right.

1 person likes this.
  19. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Realistically it will probably be Brandon Jennings(once he comes back)(Pistons have four PGs on the roster) or Ricky Rubio( who seems to be losing his job to Lavine)( Also they have 4 PGs on the roster) . Both of those teams could use the cost savings to assist in there rebuild. To me those are the best options unless he plays better and ups his trade value which is a very small chance at this point.

1 person likes this.
  20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rondo on the Mavs, Rondo on the Kings... Sometimes a guy just doesn't fit.

1 person likes this.