1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor CP3 may choose Spurs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ballplayer, May 23, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please be true. CP3 to the Spurs, Blake Griffin to the Rockets in FA. Ryan Anderson sent to NY for Carmelo.

Go to war. ;)

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Boston can. With those picks and all those assets they could get it done.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

I mean is Chris Paul even a winner? He looks good, but his team always disappoints.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Is james harden a winner?

5. Lightsnowaction

As a fan, I hope he joins the Spurs and tears down the Clippers. Spurs are a 60+ win team regardless, so he might as well join.

6. rocketseagles07

There's this thing called the salary cap... don't know if you've ever heard of it

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

That's a fair question. But, I think Harden has done more with less than Chris Paul. So, at this point, I would say Harden is closer to being a winner than Paul.

#127 Newlin, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think so but regardless, you're questioning cp3 as a winner when hes lead his teams to winning seasons and the playoffs on a consistent basis throughout his career dating back to his young days. Hes far from a losing player. So if you're going to question cp3 as a winner, keep it consistent with our very own james harden who hasn't done much different

9. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Except one player has been to the Finals and WCF twice, while the other guy is Chris Paul.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Who did he play with in that final appeareance and wcf again? Ok. As far as his lone other time, Yeah he made it to the wcf on his own team yet was on the bench in one of the most crucial games to get there. Next

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A Carmelo-Harden-Griffin core would be SO bizarre. But entertaining at least.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin are both better than any Rockets player Harden's ever played with -- and that includes the low post juggernaut who wore #12.

TEXNIFICENT, J.R. and Newlin like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sure. My how casual people are impressed with guys that can dunk a ball multiple times in a game by relying on one person to get them that

Btw deandre jordon won't ever come close to the player Dwight was in his career. Say what you want about dwight but dj wishes he could have the same impact on winning Dwight had but it's just not possible. #notimpressed #foolsgold #runsbacktola

14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jalen Rose has this locked down: he ain't leaving $40 million and the LA lifestyle for San Antonio.

This talk is either for Paul to pressure the Clippers to give him the super max or for the Clippers to justify the super max that they have already decided to give him.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is the better player and the younger player.

Chris Paul the 28 year old would be interesting. Him and David West were pretty good.

You are always a loser unless you turn the corner to become a winner.

Spurs is probably the only place he can at least contend for a Conference title.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Do the Clippers REALLY want to pay Paul an average of $40m per season starting from when he's 32 for 5 years? I wonder if they're better off looking for a trade partner.

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I really think that the Spurs are one of the only few places that nearly any player can succeed at. I'm pretty sure this is to generate competition between bidding teams to drive up the cost to sign CP3.

It'd be interesting to see the Clippers core spread out to other teams but I don't really see CP3 leaving LA unless it's a sure thing. Even with the Spurs getting CP3, what are they going to do with LMA? I wouldn't mind the Rockets trying to get into that action and getting LMA without having to give up too many players.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

LMA for Capela, Nene, and Beverley. Who says no?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Invalid trade is invalid. Nene is a free agent.

...and I would not trade for LaMarsha.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member