1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Chuck Hayes (UPDATE: Hayes, Lucas signed)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Jan 17, 2006.

Tags:
  1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Mooch. If he is unpackageable trade bait then he is fish bait IMO.

2. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch...I do what I can to contribute to CF.net :D

Serioulsly, I heard through the grapevine that this was supposed to happen yesterday ;)

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good one! :cool:

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Does this mean Swift will be out longer than expected?

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Clutch's ability to see into the future combines with his laziness so he doesn't have to change the front page headline.

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I really like Chuck Hayes. He is a great defender and a beast on the boards. He plays we bigger than his size like Charles Barkley. He has no offense but he gets points on tips and put backs. He is a flat out winner. He could have went to the NFL and became a tight end but he wanted to play basketball.

Good article by Dickie V.

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn050620-ChuckHayes.html

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Trust me, he is 100 times better than Ryan Bowen.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

100 x 0 =

9. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Now that's funny!

10. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

CLASSIC....

but seriously, is chuck hayes REALLY going to make this team any better? you know what, why don't we just sign chuck norris and have him drop a roundhouse kick to the face to dirk. that would probably work a lot better than chuck hayes attempting to guard him.

11. Furious Jam

Frankly, Dickie V liking him is a strike against Hayes in my book. Vitale always overrates college players from big programs and always bashes international and high school draft picks (with LeBron being the only exception). He's a joke.

I don't see what Hayes brings us that Baxter doesn't already have. I don't think you'll ever seem him except during garbage time or if we get into another double overtime situation.

12. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

That true, Dickie V always hates on high school player and loves college seniors. But the Rockets really must like Chuck because they signed him for training camp and then tried to sign him again when they cut Dion Glover but he was injured and now they signed him today.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You're my favorite new ass't coach (to Chaney?!!)...

14. Furious Jam

I think the Rockets were really counting on Dion Glover being our 3rd string SF after DA. Essentially, all 3 of our SFs are out, leaving us with Bowen (or Head playing waaay out of position).

The fact that the Rockets haven't signed a true SF, like George Lynch, tells me that they know this season is beyond hope. TMac will come back so long as doing so won't make his back any worse, because the Rockets owe it to the fans who have already bought tickets this year. But the fact that they're not trying to get any interim help says a lot. I say that TMac will have surgery right after we're eliminated from the playoff picture.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Surgery on what?? The story has been that it's not structural

16. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

if there isn't any spine injury to his back, there isn't anything to have surgery on.

i've had A LOT of back problems in my short lifetime, if he's having chronic back spasms and soreness, the only way to heal is to rest and rehab through message therapy.

17. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

not quite what to make of this, but i'm really not trying to belittle chuck hayes, but he's not going to be an IMPACT player. he's not going to be more than an 11th or 12th man off the bench, and there's nothing wrong with that, every team needs bodies. but he's not going to make this team better.

i'm still convinced chuck norris could give us an intimidation factor in the paint. yeah, he'd be suspended on the regular for roundhouse kicks and uppercuts, but those 2-3 minutes he'd play everynight would be TERROR for opponents.... :D

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Inconceivable! :eek:

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I bet his jump shot is every bit as bad as Bowen's. He will mix it up in the paint though. He's just undersized. A Ruben Patterson with no offensive game.

20. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

somehow, i doubt that ANYONE has a worse jump shot that ryan bowen.....other than shaq.