1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Asik for Pekovic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston-in-LA, Aug 8, 2013.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It means we're getting Kevin love.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

TIL Bill Gates is a Rockets fan

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Save.Me From.This.Insanity

This would be much better served in the trade thread. You all do know that Clutch creates one regularly on the GARM don't you? Use it. Don't abuse the GARM.

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I strongly disagree. Portland drafted McCollum to start him either next to Lillard or vice-versa. If anybody is out in Portland it is Matthews. I do believe we could pull off a deal involving Portland and Milwaukee. But don't count out Philly if Portland doesn't wanna deal. Hinkie and Morey have a great friendship. Probably one of the reasons Royce White was traded there. I personally think Morey won't trade Lin and Asik unless we get a solid PF and solid PG in return.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

True, Pek is not Omer, but remember, Omer doesn't want to be here. So getting Pek would be great. We have all the fours we need. The backup center is the position needed most and Pek would fit the bill.

6. rogower

rogower Member

True. A four-way deal with Asik going to Minnesota, a signed-and traded Pekovic going to Minnesota, Thaddeus Young going to Houston, and a Blazers first rounder and Terrence Jones going to Philly is probably workable. I think Daryl Morey is probably more willing to trade Lin to Milwaukee for John Henson or a Bucks first round pick and wait for a PG upgrade at the February trade deadline than you guys think. I think Houston is fine with Patrick Beverly and Aaron Brooks until then. When the Lakers are 15-20 games under .500 in late January, they're going to want to clear Steve Nash off their cap for next season. Kyle Lowry is another veteran PG who will be getting shopped, most likely.

7. rogower

rogower Member

That should read "a signed-and-traded Pekovic going to Portland," not Minnesota, obviously.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We're not going to pay a backup center $12-15 million.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Classic CBL post

1 person likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thus ending this trade rumor.

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

You sell high not low..Asik>Pekovic..Aldridge!!:rolleyes:

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I want Ilyasova on this team badly.. of course it isn't up to me it is up to Morey, but he would be a great addition. If you look up his stats per 30-39 minutes last season, he averaged 18 and 9. Thats some good basketball right there. If we simply swapped Ilyasova for Lin, I think it would work out for both teams. We might be able to pry a pick out of a team for Terrence Jones and could use that pick to acquire a "seasoned" point guard such as Steve Nash. We have depth at the PG so his health doesn't that much.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is your opinion. Time will tell. You are already seeing the signs.

14. jocar

jocar Member

NOT a good idea.
    Everyone knows Superman and Non the Destroyer have beef!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Actually Pekovich can play PF. He has a solid jumpshot and he is a monster down low.The only problem right now I see is unless we feel DMO is ready to start, I think we need a more of a stretch 4 who can either hit the mid-range J or even go to the land of plenty.

Dmo can do all the above but is he ready?

16. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Pek looks like Sid from Ice Age...

17. pass_to_Hakeem

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's a credible source.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

From a basketball perspective Pekovic is better than Asik and we would be better with Pekovic. Financially it's a mess.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member