1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Rumor) Anthony Davis to the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Dec 3, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

The media is creaming themselves hoping AD joins Lebron, and not for basketball reasons. I just don't understand when the media started advocating players leave certain cities to join forces in other cities. Like why is it beneficial for you be a talking commercial for Lebron & the city of Los Angeles. New York is the same way. Why would a elite talent wanna go to losing situation in NY? The media is pushing these guys to certain places

Caesar and saleem like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ames-comments-says-focus-new-orleans-pelicans

MILWAUKEE -- Anthony Davis is aware of LeBron James' fawning comments to ESPN about him this week, but Davis is doing his best to block out all the noise about his contract situation with the New Orleans Pelicans.

"I don't really care," Davis told ESPN of James' comments Wednesday night after the Pelicans' 123-115 loss to the Bucks. "Obviously, it's cool to hear any high-caliber player say they want to play with me. But my job is to turn this team around. If we're 15-17, that means I'm not doing my job."

Davis has consistently said that he would like to remain in New Orleans, and he declined to commit either way on the possibility of New Orleans offering him the supermax.

"When that time comes, of course we will see," Davis said. "I love my teammates. I love New Orleans. I love the fans. I talk their slang. I love their food."

If Davis turns down that supermax in July, it will be a devastating blow to the Pelicans -- and a signal that Davis is likely to leave in free agency. The team would have almost no choice but to open trade talks.

The entire league has been preparing for that moment for months or even longer. The Lakers and Celtics are ready for a Davis arms race. The Lakers speculation reached a fever pitch the moment Davis switched agents, hiring Rich Paul and Klutch Sports, James' agency. It will not stop, no matter how much the Pelicans wish it would. (One Pelicans staffer suggested that reporters ask James which teammates he would trade for Davis.)

Davis said that the agency change was about his broader career arc, not about the Lakers or James.

"It was just time to make a switch," he said. "It was something I wanted to do."

The Celtics can outbid the Lakers in terms of raw trade assets. It's unclear how much that would matter if Paul and Davis indicate that Davis would prefer to play in Los Angeles. It's unclear if Danny Ainge, Boston's general manager, would care -- or if he might decide that Davis is worth the risk of an expiring contract and that Boston should bet on its culture and winning roster. There are worries around the league that Davis will turn down long-term deals altogether and cycle -- as James did -- between one- and two-year contracts until he reaches an age and stage in his career when he is ready to lock into something longer.

Other teams would jump in. Every team would call. Unexpected high-wattage names would be made available. Davis is a generational talent; the league will pivot on his decision.

Davis isn't ready to go there yet, though he is flattered by LeBron's comments.

"Right now," he said, "my focus is on this team."

Vivi likes this.
  3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Seriously, what the lakers are doing is tampering. Not borderline, it’s tampering.

It’s during the regular season, through the media, through the best player. And it’s a distraction.[/QUOTE]

#83 Jump Ship, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

[/QUOTE]
    Yes, if the Rockets did this, they would have to give up 4 picks like ' Sota did with Joe Smith.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

give them davis already, they are nt beating us without foster brothers anyway

BigShasta likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Jrue Holiday
    Julius Randle
    Niko Mirotic

Yeah, any of those Pelican "left overs" in a Boston/Pelicans/Rockets (3 way) with AD being moved to Boston would be great.

Marcus Morris would be nice on the Boston side.

Of course, a deal like this can't happen until the Summer.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

OK coach. Will check back in 6 months. ;)

8. malakas

malakas Member

If New Orleans had an active fanbase, Davis would be playing with fire right now saying these things to the presss right before he leaves. But since they dont noone will care much.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

// "We are not trading AD"

// "Wow, we did not expect AD to TURN DOWN our Super Max offer! Did not expect that AT ALL"

// "I guess because of that unexpected event....we are now forced to have to entertain trading AD"

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wait a minute, @J.R.................what are you not telling? (pant pant gasp)

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope this gets the Pelicans pissed enough with the Lakers so they don't trade Davis there regardless lol, good job Lebron.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

wouldn’t surprise me at all...never underestimate the power or pettiness

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

They were already arrogant with the Pacers for George and they got it where the sun don't shine, would love to see that happen again.