1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: AI for Billups

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Angkor Wat, Nov 3, 2008.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Now look what you've done, you incited the geezers to do an impromptu public circle jerk, way to go genius :rolleyes: ;)

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Let us not forget to mention this is an obviously playing hurt McGrady. Both Yao and McGrady are the reasons we've had winning seasons since McGrady came into town. I don't have any stats, but it really seems like if McGrady doesn't play or goes out hurt from a game, we lose a lot more than we win. Sure, he's a highly inefficient scorer these days. But with him, we win more than not.

Him diving around this season is a good sign. Him driving, getting fouls, and getting most of his points from the line is a good sign. Let's hope he can keep it up while trying to become more agile with his knee. He obviously just cares about winning. He did sit during the end of the Dallas game, and cheered on his teammates...not just Ron's 3, but all the good plays. He was even out of his seat, kneeling on the floor at points.

For what it's worth, he seems to be approaching this season just a little different. I, for one, like it. I hope he can recover from the injury, and maybe we can actually make some noise come playoff time.

In my opinion, if this team can't win a playoff series with McGrady, Artest, and Yao, it's not going to do any better with AI instead. There are only 1-2 other players I would consider trading him for because I think it would give us an equal or better chance. AI is not one of them.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why is he a troll for being unhappy with McGrady's pathetic shooting since he was acquired by the Rockets. Seriously, he's had years where Flip Murray was better than he was. Go back and read threads about Flip Murray and see how people here viewed HIM! Some of us just expect more from "superstars" and aren't willing to just praise them because the media says they are great players.

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Wow. Looks like Denver is having a fire sale. Anyway we can get Luther Head, cash, and a few picks for K-Mart? :)

5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I can understand it from Denver's end I just don't understand what the hell the Pistons want with Iverson.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I can appreciate this stance. Here's my take on it. When he came into last year, he seemed to be 100% healthy. He was leading the league in scoring, and was one of the front runners for MVP. Until he got that elbow injury running into Luke Walton. Can't remember if that translated to the shoudler or if that was an additional incident. Then came the knee. He had his worst season in a long time.

I guess what I'm sayin is he is truly pretty damn good when he's healthy. BUT...he's rarely 100%. For us, he's always been injured or playing hurt. And to me, a hurt McGrady is better than no McGrady on our squad. We just don't win too much without him historically.

7. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

damn, you really have no clue about the game of basketball.

time to put you on my ignore list.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

oh god no--DO NOT WANT Kenyon Martin

Nene would be intriguing as a backup C but the guy is making a lot of cash

9. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

K-Mart has the worst contract in the league. I'd trade Head for Birdman.

10. justtxyank

Let us not forget to mention that anytime McGrady plays a game he is playing hurt. If he doesn't start the game with an injury excuse, he'll pick one up during the game.

Seriously. Rockets drinking game. Watch the Rockets play and take a shot everytime McGrady is in pain. Two shots everytime the announcers comment on McGrady looking hurt.

You'll be passed out by halftime.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

a guys who they need billups to be, you guys are too hard on iverson, he passes the ball, but billups has lost his ability to be a go to guy. iverson is still going strong.

I think this is good for both parties

12. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Chris Bosh
    Dywane Wade
    LeBron

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is this thread about T-Mac? Oh, it's Antisonic. Got it. :rolleyes:

14. justtxyank

This is accurate but I think it's more a reflection of our lack of talent at all the other positions than a compliment to Tracy. Prior to last year, we had two players who were above average on offense.

15. JD2010

JD2010 Member

you might want to put me back on your sig cuz that 7-21 **** isn't gonna fly anymore.

16. JD2010

JD2010 Member

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Half of this thread has nothing to do with the thread.

Started out with T-mac bashing and stupid trade proposals.

Then went to who is a troll?

Then went to respecting 99ers.

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Since McGrady has come to the Rockets, hasn't their record been somewhere around .700 when he is in the lineup, and something like .300 when he's not? Not to mention all the late season MVP buzz last year when they had their hot streak, despite him only playing at 80% or something.

I would say, despite the scoring and shooting not being what they once were due to all of his injuries, he makes a pretty positive impact on the team.

Anyways, big trade, I don't really know if I would have made such a big change on the Pistons, who are always in the mix in the East. I guess a chance to get AI makes it worth it just to stick it to the Sixers.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Antisonic is not a troll. He's a good poster.

But he is not just unhappy with McGrady. A lot of posters here do, which is fine with me. The most annoying thing about him is that he take EVERY opportunity to take a shot at T-Mac. That's just getting VERY old. This thread has NOTHING to do with T-Mac, but he managed to incite arguments on T-Mac. That's how it goes.

20. justtxyank

I see what you mean.