1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Tomjanovich to resign from Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rikesh316, Feb 1, 2005.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

As long as it's not long-term health related (cancer), I'm happy. First, it lets Rudy get better. Don't want him to put a toll on his body (esp. with Kobe frustrations). Second, I always want him to be a Rocket. Now it will just be 4 or 5 months of Lakerism

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

You will always be loved here Rudy not matter what.I am sure all rockets fans will be praying for your health to be all good.You are welcomed back whenever you wish.Get well soon!!!

3. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

You are probably right, Clutch. I shouldn't bag on the Laker fans that quickly. However, when you hate a team with passion, and a couple extremely insulting remarks from their fans toward someone you love and respect can stir people up in a hurry.

Not, IT MUST BE KOBE! ;)

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I bet there was conflict between he and the front office. From what I remember, Jerry Buss wants a complete up-tempo team like they had in the 80's and how the Suns play today. I could imagine Rudy wanting to go in another direction in either playing style or players personel. Just a thought on my part.

5. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

That sounds hauntingly familiar......hmmm....now where I have read something similar to this about coaches being totally responsible for all the teams losses this year??? hmmmm...can anybody help me out here? :rolleyes:

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't believe this part is true. Knowing Rudy and his attitude about basketball, their play would not cause him any dissatisfaction.

Maybe he heard JVG was on his way out the door and wanted to be available to return to Houston? :cool:

Of course, the speculation will be -- and I wonder -- that Kobe forced him out.

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I wonder if Rudy woke up and felt like he was in the wrong place being coach of the Lakers and missed Houston.Then he showed up at work and saw the antichrist (Kobe)and that sealed his decision.

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

What! I thought Rudy has his cancer cured and he's healthy again. I just hope he's OK. Basketball is nothing compare to your life. Take care, Rudy.

9. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Anti-Christ!? LOL. Two years ago, this guy was the poster child of the NBA, pretty much like LeBron James right now. Now, he's the anti-Christ! LOL.

Die, Lakers, die!!!
    Burn, Kobe, burn!!!

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Well, my heart is sad today after hearing this. We need to pray for Rudy. He needs to hang it up and just relax. The man obviously can't take that stress anymore. He needs to quit. Take a 6 month sabbatical with his lovely wife and chill in Aruba somewhere. He has plenty of money. He needs to just get away from stress PERIOD. Rudy has my most heartfelt prayers.

That being said...

But how long can we expect to wait for EDC and the Rockets 03 crew to start clamoring for Rudy T. to patrol the Rocket sidelines again?

:rolleyes:

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Two coaches in 6 months isn't a good ratio.It looks like I have a nickname for him that will stick. Antichrist Bryant is what we shall call him from now on...lol

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No kidding.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He and Bryant had a good relationship, I would be surprised if he (Bryant) had anything to do with it.

If I had to guess it would be more about unrealistic expectations of delusional fans who think their team actually has the talent to be a force right now.

14. mogrod

Damn! There goes any chance MoT could have been traded there. :)

15. mogrod

You mean the same Bryant who, right as it seemed Rudy would get the job, told the Lakers he wanted Mike K*^%@#$&*^y from Duke?

16. RocketsFAN3035

wow........I'm in a state of schock really. I hope he is in good health. I really do wonder what the deal is though.

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Oh man, poor Rudy. :(

It probably is the bladder cancer( I can't believe Rudy would just QUIT on a team before being with them just a year ), it's one of the most commonly reoccuring cancers there is...that's why it was so important for Rudy to rest and recover after Yao's rookie year instead of rushing into the next season.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Rudy T is gonna help us get into the playoffs by letting the lakers implode w/o his heart and his direction.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

At least I don't have anything to get in my way of hating the lakers anymore.

20. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Goodbye Van Dumbass,

welcome back Rudy

say it with me now!