1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy T heading up Michigan search committee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wrath_of_khan, Mar 26, 2001.

1. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Good to see that Rudy T's loyalty extends all the way back to his alma mater ... but shouldn't he be busy getting ready for the playoffs? [​IMG]

Rudy T. heads advisory committee
    Former U-M star among 10 enlisted to help in search process for next basketball coach.

Friday, March 23, 2001

By ROB HOFFMAN
    NEWS SPORTS REPORTER

NBA coach Rudy Tomjanovich, one of the University of Michigan's greatest basketball players, heads a list of 10 athletes and administrators who have been asked to help U-M athletic director Bill Martin find the Wolverines' next basketball coach.

Besides Tomjanovich, who now coaches the Houston Rockets and led the latest USA Dream Team to a Gold Medal at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, the 10 administrators and athletes tapped to serve on the so-called "screening committee" include women's coach Sue Guevara; current players LaVell Blanchard and Chris Young; and former U-M stars Tim McCormick and Butch Wade.

Here's the rest of the story: http://aa.mlive.com/sports/index.ssf?/sports/stories/20010323asearchcommittee.frm

------------------

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

This is EXACTLY how Bush roped in Cheney for the Vice-Presidency. Watch out!

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com

3. unt2003

unt2003 Member

the dream to make it to the playoffs is over. Rudy T can do whatever he wants to now

------------------

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Being a Buckeye fan I must say I have now lost all respect for Rudy
    [​IMG]

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That makes me wonder if Rudy would consider the Michigan job. It wouldn't be a knock on the Rockets. And who is next in line after Rudy? Larry Smith, Jim Boylen, or the other assistant coach?...can't remember his name. The new guy.

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited March 26, 2001).]

6. Old School

Old School Member

Sources have told me Rudy is going to recommend Cato for the Michigan job thus freeing up money.

Buck

------------------
    I voted YES!

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I can just see Coach Cato's Michigan Wolverines - no shame being last in the Big Ten when there are 11 teams [​IMG]

------------------