1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Offered! (UPDATE: Rudy to coach Lakers - News Conference July 10, 3pm Central)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

rudy said larry is gonna be an ast. coach with him

2. Davidoff

that is larry smith

3. Davidoff

Anyone else think it was odd that the owner wasnt there?

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The owner is travelling in Europe.

Rudy's assistants will be Larry Smith, Frank Hamblin, Mike Wells, and he is trying to get another guy (don't remember the name).

5. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I've spent the last few days agonizing over this, but I can't help it. My loyalties are as clear as ever: Rockets #1, rest of the world a distant second. Now, though, my second favorite team just has to be . . . . the Lakers. I can't help it. I really want Rudy to succeed. If that means rooting for Karla, then so be it.

Good luck, Rudy. Hope to see you in the Western Conference Finals.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I love Rudy T and wish him all the luck in the world...just not when the Lakers are playing my beloved Rockets.

7. vegaspauli

vegaspauli Member

Watched the conference...even when you want to hate Rudy you end up Loving him....I had originally toyed with the idea in my mind that when Rudy was interviewing for the job that it was all part of an evil plan by the Rockets to get the dirt on what the situation was in L.A. and perhaps even throw a little wrench in thier coaching hunt (no such luck, damn!), but I swear for half the conference I kept waiting for him (Rudy) to stand up, laughing and fire up a smoke (I didn't know Rudy smoked....he didn't say cigarettes) and say "This team is really gonna suck from now on: I mean, we're talking 18-65....I hate the Lakers!!!....we got 'em Les & CD!!! We got 'em!!!," but alas....

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Good stuff!

lol

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

man, malone coming back would be a crusher. i mean, our beloved rudy coaching pure evil? say it ain't so. someone take out malone's knee so he won't consider coming back.

now i gotta pay more attention to the lakers (not that they aren't already on tv all the time) on top of the extra magic games i'll occasionally watch on LP. guess that's nice for the nights the rockets are off. hope all our former rockets succeed.

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ive both Shaq and Kobe are gone, then I doubt you will see the Lakers on TV much.

11. zong

zong Member

Both Shaq and Yao wil start in the allstar game next year. Shaq will say more good thing about Yao because he will be a starting center in East.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Shaq vs. Yao

Van Gundy vs. Van Gundy

Christmas Day, ABC.

13. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Im sorry, but I hate to see Rudy T. as the Lakers coach.

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It's almost heart-breaking, but I'm happy for Rudy...Now that I'll have the dish this season...there will definitely be a few teams worth watching besides the Rockets (when they aren't on, of course.)

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If both Shaq and Kobe are goine, and if Malone doesn't come back, I wouldn't feel as bad about Rudy taking the job. My hatred for the team would be lessened. As is I'm happy for Rudy being able to coach, but sad that it's with the Lakers.

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

That was my thought too.

When he started talking about how he "didn't discuss personnel issues in public," all I could think of was "certain other head coaches could learn a thing or two million from this guy."

Later, when he spoke of "starting a new family," I almost shed a tear. You know, Mister Alexander and JVG deserve each other. :mad:

17. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Urrr.... purple-gold.. the most powerful vomite inducing color

:(

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

as usual, TheFreak is correct. Les fired Rudy.

As Les sees it, we have "the Best Team Ever put together in NBA history." and, then!, made it better by getting McGrady.

As I see it:

GO RUDY!

ps: my Beta will miss playing with your golden retrievers at the dog park. :(