1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rudy is the man. I love rudy. the rest of you can go jump off a bridge.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chievous minniefield, Dec 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

I like Rudy except for his stuttering....but I like Larry Brown better

2. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Yeah, but if everyone else here jumps off a bridge, does that mean you have to as well?

:D

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I like rudy too...the man makes a great necktie!

4. ASIA

ASIA Member

I like Rudy as a person but I don't mind a change in coaching. I'm not saying to resign Rudy or fire him but move him up somewhere. I think some players are the problem to this team and so much the coaching fault. Keep Yao, Francis, Boki, Cato and the rest I don't give a damn! Lets bring in Van Gundy!!! :D

5. nineteen

nineteen Member

Good Dr.,

I see that you prefer the idiotic basketball that the Rox display with Rudy. Is it also OK that they miss the Playoffs again? If so, I'm sorry that I want the Rox to go to the Playoffs THIS year!

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Keep Rudy and hire someone like Hubie Brown or Del Harris as an assistant coach for defense and setting some of these guys straight.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bad Poster,

No, I just prefer good discussions, not the same statement in about 500 threads.

And to me, yes, it's ok if they miss the playoffs. I'll still be a fan.

Your posting style seems familiar... hmmm.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If I see Del Harris as a Rockets coach again, I'll puke. :(

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was not really referring to the specific persons...I was rather talking about getting some old dude (don't know if you'd be eligible yet ;)) who knows something about defense...it seems like the Mavs have a gazillion assistant coaches and we don't really have someone for that. It seems to work for the Grizzlies to get some old school influence...why should we not try that? Is there anybody out there that would come to mind?

10. nineteen

nineteen Member

Dr.,

It seems that your PhD was not earned as a mathematician. My "500" posts are varied. I try to use current and historical Rox events to show you where Rudy falters. In my 19+ years as a Rox fan I may have a deeper insight than you. You may have more than me. It doesn't matter. Rudy is a horrible coach. How can you love Rudy and think it's fine for the Rox not to make the Playfoffs? Plain silly! This is a forum. Logical discussion can't be at the top of your list. I'm not the poster that you think I am. You have the right to support 27% FG losing basketball. I just won't support it.

11. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I just love when people say exactly what I am thinking. Go on with your bad self 19!

12. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Will you stay loyal with Rudy even if he cannot coach this (new) team and the team misses the playoff year after year? If your answer is yes, then you're an IDIOT.

13. nineteen

nineteen Member

Lucky&You,

I'm just following your lead. All of the bullies will try and shout us down. It won't work. Rudy is a horrible client for all of his defenders. You, I left you a message on your thread. Stay Strong!

14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I think...that I hate 84 percent of the people who registered after the draft.

Oh, and LMAO at Smeg's comment.

15. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Apollo Creed with the knockout blow.

it hasn't escaped the attention of this poster how MOST [not all] of those fervently calling for the impulsive, rash, and illogical dismissal of The Greatest Coach this Franchise Has Ever Known have trouble typing and spelling and have registered for the site in the last few months.

poo on all of your souls.

16. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Apollo, not that I really care what you think, but I've been a Rockets fan all my life. Just because someone registered on the BBS this summer doesn’t mean that they're on the Yao bandwagon.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Rudy is a sorry coach. Rudy fans are just looking through 93-95 colored glasses.

17. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

This thread is why I hate 93% of those that registered on this forum before June 2002. Those spineless Rockets-Only fans.

PS. (Chance, Manny, Clutch you are among the few that I enjoy hanging out here with)

18. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a polarizing thread. Blind loyalty or else. That's not very smart. Demand more in your life.

19. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Name me the few things that RT have done right so far, besides the drafts of SF and Yao. It seems to me that you idolize him more than admire him of what he has accomplished as a coach.

20. SLA

SLA Member

What has Phil Jackson done right so far? They just beat the Nuggets. Yes! :rolleyes: