1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Gay on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Jun 4, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Morey is not interested in a max contract for a non-superstar player.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Wasn't he going to offer Marc Gasol and Nene max last year?

3. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he is. He will offer that if he in a heartbeat if he can get that player. Nene was going to sign for 15-17 million per. Gordon and Hibbard would probably be his targets if he could get them. There's only a few superstars in this league and there's really a small chance a team like Houston can sign one through FA.

4. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. People don't seem to understand our situation. We are not like LA, NYC, or Miami. We are not a "big" market in the NBA players' eyes even though we are.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As well they shouldn't.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

GS wants to make a jump quickly...i can see them dealing the #7 for him. IIRC, they would rather have a veteran SF, rather than a rookie. Memphis could land Barnes with the pick.

7. Asian Sensation

I could totally see that happening.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

part of me tells me rockets fans would be more interested if he never wore a rockets cap.

im sure they would want the 14th pick, patterson, parsons plus martins contract.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Been saying it for a while now, you won't be a serious contender with a guy like Rudy Gay on your team.

Just isn't a player condusive to winning basketball.

10. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

This may be the closest we can get to attaining a star player. If there's a chance, I hope our team is looking in on it and giving it some serious thought.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Do not want.

We already got Hasheem Thabeet for Battier.

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

If I were the warriors I would trade Dorrel wright and no 7

Curry
    Thompson
    Gay
    Lee
    Bogut

Is pretty sick

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This will test somebody's oft-repeated claim that Rudy Gay is among the "most coveted" players in the league, in the actual sense, not just the biblical sense.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good luck with that.

15. jopatmc

BIG difference between Gay and Gasol/Nene.

What I meant was Morey is not going to trade for a guy making that kind of money that is not a superstar. Gay is not a superstar. He's either second or maybe even third tier at SF.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I hate this 'reasonable' approach of recognzing that we're not going to be able to trade door-stops for donuts and we need to settle for incremental improvements because we don't have the assets to do better. No, I'm not being sarcastic; I hate it. If we're limited to marginal improvements and attainable players, they should have blown this team to bits a year ago (or earlier). If an NBA team isn't getting better, it's getting worse. Being 'realistic' about your prospects is just treading water, and treading water is going downsteam. The team needs fundamental, revolutionary, paradigm-changing improvement. Not another role-player.

Does Rudy Gay put you in a better position for a paradigm-shifting acquisition? Probably not. His talent won't attract franchise players and his salary is crippling. I wouldn't take him for a second round pick.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Rudy Gay is a very talented player, and would make a great Robin to a team's Batman. i.e. A great 2 in a 1,2 punch. Without that first punch though that 2nd punch is just an annoyance. Let's get a legitimate Superstar before we get someone who is an all-star at best.

18. Nook

Nook Member

That is fine as long as it is not the Rockets.
    It is insane to give up the #16 pick and Patterson for a VASTLY over paid inefficient player. He is going to get $53,000,000 over the next 3 years.

The guy is not a special defender.... he does not get to the line..... he is a volume scorer.

1 person likes this.
  19. jopatmc

Boom Daddy.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If I were the grizz, I wou offer zach gor pau straight up. The only thing I think would re-energize pau is playing with baby bro. Pau plays out final 2 yrs, then takes a pay cut.