1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RTIC vs Yeti

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Went to their storefront yesterday. It's basically an office with some products on a cheap table and shelf. Gotta keep costs down I guess.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Ozark FTW

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

$9 for a 20oz, and $14 for 30oz........what's not to love about RTIC?

My 20oz has basically become a necessary item I take with me just about everywhere. Wallet, Phone, Keys, and RTIC.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Walmart's site has them in different colors and have them deliver it to store for pickup

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/117753955

that red one is sexy, but I've put Texans, Astros decals on them in addition to my Rockets

[​IMG]

#64 Dave2000, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    rockbox likes this.
  5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nice. I was tailgating @ the chiefs game in week 2, and All State reps were handing out free 30oz RTIC's.

BTW, the can ones are awesome too.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I have seen the reviews of the Walmart ones vs Yeti and they pretty much match up with them. $10 FTW

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I went to Buc-ee's a couple of weekends ago while visiting Houston and there were tons of RTIC tumblers in there... they were everywhere... hundreds. lol. So I bought a 20 oz for $9.99 and a 30 oz, as well. For that price, I don't mind buying one. Of course I'm using the 20 oz at work and am quickly finding out drinking coffee out of the thing sucks because it never cools down. :D I put coffee in the 20 oz and it's still hot 3 hours later. Smh.

8. Buck Turgidson

There's another TX company doing the same thing, can't remember the name.

YETI is just name brand at this point, there's no reason to pay the premium unless you just want to show off.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I bought a couple of the RTIC can ones. They fit on the other cans I've tried fine, but for some reason Coke cans I can't get the top to screw straight down on. They'll screw on, but always off angled. Anybody else seen this?

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I was raving about my YETI 20oz until I had to replace the lid and bought a Ozark Trail from Walmart for $8, originally just going to use the lid from that one to replace my YETI lid that I lost but decided to just try it and see the difference being that the YETI is $22 more expensive. Well to my suprise the Ozark Trail worked just as well and I didn't notice a difference at all!

11. itony

itony Member

#71 itony, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just checking, these tumblers they can't be sealed close right? As in I can't throw it in my bag or something and go since there's the hole/mouthpiece open?[/QUOTE]

RTIC has leak proof lids too. you have to buy them separate.

13. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Is this YETI tumbler a South Texas thing? The only time I've ever seen or heard about this company was when I was driving through the McAllen area sometime back and it seemed like every 10th truck I would see on the highway had a YETI sticker on their rear window.

15. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yeti is an Austin company and it's been big all over Texas for a few years now.

17. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Lot's of dealerships down here give away YETI stuff with their purchases. That being said...I love my RTIC. Got a Handler to go with it. Considering another that will be powdercoated.

18. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I have both. Yet is 4 months old. Going strong. Dropped a couple of time. No dents. Works great.

RTIC is a week old. Saw the recent deal and bought one for me and memebers of my team. Heard good things but saw some reviews that the cup will lose it vacuum insulation/leak after a few months. But a week is it has been cool.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm sure you aren't completely serious and/or have figured this out already, but take the lid off until it gets to a temperature you like. Then you'll have perfect temperature coffee for hours :)

I bought the RTIC lowball on sale for $8 or $10 a couple of weeks ago and use at work for coffee. Don't notice any difference form the Yeti lowball I use for coffee at home.