1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RTIC vs Yeti

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

has independent testing been done of RTIC vs Yeti tumblers?

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not sure about RTIC, but my Yetti holds ice and doesn't water down my whiskey. I'm a huge fan.

3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I have one of the Yeti tumblers (wife bought it for me as a gift). It does keep stuff colder than other drinks and your ice will last a long time. More ice the better. I would bet Rtic would be similar.

I really don't know how the ice stayed in that fire though. I don't think it would legitimately do that. It'll keep ice overnight, but not much past that. But like I said, more ice the better. I don't like a ton of ice though, because then you get less drink. So I only use a couple of cubes. It'll last the day, but not sure about a fire.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

GF gave me one of the RTIC tumblers for V-day. I love it and it keeps ice for over 24 hours. Crazy.

5. MykTek

MykTek Member

I got the 30oz RTIC and ice lasts about 12 hours refilling my drink like 3-4 times in that time period.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I have a tumblr blog. hope that helps.

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Got my Rtic! Love it! Filled with ice at 8pm, drank two warm sodas, woke up this morning, and there was still ice in it. Lid has a silicone o-ring around it, and the cutout has an extra notch for large straws. I'll be ordering a handle for it, but they cost as much as the tumbler itself.

I'd say it was a good purchase.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd like to get an RTIC tumbler but I have no use for it. I would never need it.

:(

9. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Got a Yeti for my b-day. Use it in my office and it does keep the ice cubes over 24 Hours.

10. Falcons Talon

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it?

11. HR Dept

You don't have a need for a cup? :confused:

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

only if it comes with two girls amirite? :grin:

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I have several cups; my cupboards are full.

What I don't need is a tumbler that keeps ice for a long ass time. I get ice water when I need it, not 24 hours in advance. My fridge dispenses ice and we're never short on it.

Plus, I don't like drinking from a tumbler. Feels off. I have a Contigo for my morning coffee and it works great, but I also bring a normal coffee mug to work that I pour my coffee into. Just don't like drinking from these weird contraptions.

I mean I guess if I went on long fishing trips / hunting trips / hikes then I could justify to myself buying those tumblers. I don't have a boat, I don't hunt, and I haven't been on a hike in a long while. Maybe I should do that this summer. If so, I suppose I will be in the market for such a cup.

14. Falcons Talon

Well that's cool.

I don't have access to ice at work, and I'll spend a day kayaking or fishing, or just spend all day on the beach... especially in the summer.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well there you go. That's why you are a customer and I'm not.

Looks like a great product, but I just don't need it (yet).

16. HR Dept

I was being obtuse... But I too do none of those things and still get plenty of use from mine. Especially on the weekends.

But fair enough if you don't think you have a need for it. You're probably right, and grand scheme it's just a cup. A very well insulated cup, but still just a cup. Not much to be missed by not owning one.

1 person likes this.
  17. cardpire

cardpire Member

FYI, the Koozie is amazing. I'd say a must-have for any beer drinker.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

bump

my sister got me the Walmart version of this by Ozark Trail and stuck a Rockets logo emblem on it for my birthday, first day using it, works freaking great, I'd highly recommend it

30oz model for $10, customer reviews show others compared it with Yeti/RITC and say it just as good

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708?u1=bae9e76238af11e681ee369a134c92c10INT&oid=289955.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=13997074263422708190&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

[​IMG]

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Came here to say same thing. Found a couple at Walmart up here in DFW area, one for me and one for my friend. I filled it with ice cubes yesterday morning (11:10 am), still had over half the cup of ice left this morning before I left for work (7:50am). This thing is legit.

20. Buck Turgidson

Got one for a gift, it definitely will keep beer cold for a while but my beers usually, uh, evaporate before they get warm.