1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 17, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He is starting to grow on me...I like this kid.

2. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

This guy has a high ceiling. Could be a star if he can pull it all together.

3. CycloneFan

CycloneFan Member

You guys are not going to be disappointed, Ames Iowa fell in love with him and that is not an understatement. He does not have the "character issues" anymore as he is one of the nicest and most sincere people you will meet.

Oh and he's a freak on the basketball court, I went to all of the home games and he is the most ridiculous passer/scorer I have ever seen and I have been watching Iowa State basketball for a long time.

I'll leave you with this: Here is your other draft pick Jeremy Lamb playing against Iowa State in the NCAA Tourney LOL.

[​IMG]

4. lockmat

lockmat Member

I was thinking the same thing.

I know people will think I'm stupid for this, but he will be a mix of Ron Ron and Lebron. I remember seeing Kobe in high school and thinking he would be the next Jordan, and he came dang close.

I hope I'm right with Royce :p

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations, Carl! We got your guy! I'm optimistic about him. Perhaps he'll turn out to be a special player. I sure hope so.

6. brooksstephens

By far my favorite post in this thread :grin::grin:

7. brooksstephens

To clarify... that post was from back sometime around March.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm glad this thread got Morey to start scouting Royce White and end up drafting him.

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'll second this....I'm a professional counselor and have worked on a number of cases dealing with anxiety disorders. If a person is motivated enough to work on exploring and working through root issues, anxiety is actually very easy to resolve. If the team management is willing to provide him with professional therapy and if he's willing to work with a counselor he can learn to manage the anxiety in a few weeks and resolve the issue all together in a few months.

Well worth the risk...

10. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

screw, you. jeremy lamb is a baller

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Absolutely! I have no doubt that Morey saw this thread, realized who started it, and jumped on White like, well, like white on rice. Clutch mentioned your thread in today's podcast. Your star is gleaming!

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

I remember the Yoyo tweeted a suggestion to Morey about a trade for TWill when their roster situation suggested an opportunity for it. The trade went down, we know what happened :p

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Let's not muddy the waters... Royce (the Rice Man) White will help the Rockets produce a winning gumbo! Terrence Williams has gone to where failed Terrences go. We have a new Terrence in town now. I'm Jonesin' on the new Terrence!!

1 person likes this.
  14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

This probably isn't fair to Royce, but I think he does have a Lebron-esk (not saying he is the next lebron) style to his game. Some of the passes he makes are pretty ridiculous. Great vision. He already has an NBA build at 6'8'' 260. He may surprise some people.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think this is an instance where tough love will be the best prescription. Don't give an inch on White's demand for a concession to flying, because if you do that he'll just ask for more and more as the anxiety grows. Force him to make a choice between having an NBA career or not.

It's like having a Charlie Horse in your leg. Either you go all the way and pull it out or it will linger and recur over and over. To me it is vitally important the White learn to better cope with his anxiety rather than simply finding excuses to get around it. In fact the Rockets if they have good psychiatrists should already be trying out some form cognitive behavioral therapy to help him overcome his phobia. Conditioning or exposure therapy is what it's called I believe. It's not like they have to make him bungee jump or anything; it's just that getting him on this path should be much more effective than simply conceding to his fear and letting it fester.

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Bumping for those that missed this thread. (Was looking for the Taylor thread.)

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ouch! I did miss this thread back then. :eek:

19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

are you a prophet?

20. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

jopatmc and prophet do not usually go together. (see threads: Lakers are better, Howard to Houston, and Romney winning in a landslide.)

But, his concerns do appear to be playing out, even if he too was on the Roycewagon.

Too bad he made a stupid bet.

1 person likes this.