1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White vs. Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Aug 4, 2012.

?

Who gets the rock?

1. Royce White

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Jeremy Lin

130 vote(s)
    85.5%
  1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I agree with the Lin votes, but what about the double dribble? May have been a bad angle on the video though.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I say give the ball to Royce in certain situations. Lin would be great as the SG next to Royce.
    As far as starting, Lin.

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

By next to Royce you mean Royce being at the point or just in game closing situations? And for everyone who's advocating to play Royce at PG, in what lineup is he playing PG, who else is on the court, and what position is he gonna guard on d?

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Something like Lin bringing the ball in and immediately passing it to Royce to bring it down the court. Royce likely being at the 3 or 4.

5. redlawn

redlawn Member

Like Lin inbounding to Royce, so Royce will play point? I don't think that makes sense. Lin's just got to realize that he will be double, triple, quadruple teamed at any given time, and improve his game in that area. You don't pay "max" money to someone and expect them to just be an inbounder.

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

What's the lineup though if Royce is supposed to be playing the point?

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just a situational line - up of course.

Lin
    Lamb
    White
    Jones
    DMo

You could even replace Lin with Machado/Douglas.

8. redlawn

redlawn Member

another brilliant post brought to you by coachbadlee

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

He said it was situational. He doesn't mean that Machado or Douglas would start.

10. redlawn

redlawn Member

Would Lin be situationally inbounding the ball to Royce? :rolleyes:

11. rvpals

rvpals Member

Is there even a debate?

Definitely give it to Jeremy Lin.

I like how confident White is at the end of the game.

One did it with 0.5 seconds left in a professional NBA game. White did it in college. 3 pointer is much harder to made then the short jumper.

12. redlawn

redlawn Member

That video doesn't even show the And-1 that Lin did to tie the game before the game-winning 3.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Or Royce inbounding to Lin and getting it back. With Royce bringing the ball up in that situation, he now has 4 known scorers to pass the ball to.
    That wasn't the case at Iowa State. This is mostly what the excitement about Royce White is to me.

14. redlawn

redlawn Member

Oh yah, you don't have to convince me. Im a huge fan of White's. People forget that he actually played against both Lamb and TJones in the tournament, and he played awesome in both games. Out of the PF bunch, he's actually my fav.

Maybe it's entirely possible for Coach McHale to have them grow together at the point position, share playmaking duties, and motivate each other. I can definitely see that as a possiblity, and it's certainly likely if Machado actually does end up with one of the other teams that he has offers from. I do like the guy.

15. redlawn

redlawn Member

* if Machado actually does end up with one of the other teams that he says he has offers from

16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Royce should only be bringing the ball up in transition to take advantage of matchups, especially after a rebound. Royce should never initiate the offense in the half court if Jeremy is on the floor. As much of a good ball handler and a passer that Royce is, he is not a floor general. He is a big man who is a playmaker. I think a lot of people confuse being a playmaker with being a point guard. They are not mutually inclusive.