1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Vs Commish,League, & The Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tested911, Mar 18, 2013.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is barely interesting, simply because White doesn't have enough NBA-level skills to make it interesting.

Imagine, though, if he combined that passing skill with a sweet jumper and a few low post moves. Enough to be effective when playing with the big boys. Then you'd have a fascinating situation.

2. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Welp, if he worked on his game he might get there. But he believes he has to throw it all away in the name of #anxietytrooping.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Stop doing interviews.

And please start up your own business Royce and show us all how it's done. A business that works for the employee instead of the other way around? I'll be your first employee.

1 person likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

how can you improve his lat quickness, explosion, work ethic and height. no nba athleticism

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

7. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Just a clown who wants to use anxiety disorder as an excuse to be human waste. He belongs on the streets begging for money not mooching off the Rockets.

8. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Best response of the thread. If the guy thinks his employers suck so much, last I checked people start businesses almost every single day in this country. Royce is welcome to join them and create his company of protocols where the employer works for the employee. I'll close down my company and join you as employee #2!

9. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Hear hear.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He sure has a problem with getting paid MILLIONS to play a game.

11. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

The NBA is a business, but he believes it should be a submissive parent that shelters him and gives him everything he cries for.

12. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

One word, CUT him

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I said early on Royce White had no chance at a successful future in the NBA and got blasted for "ignorance". From the moment he no-showed, this clown changed from being an "asset" to a legal matter. Everything the Rockets have done since then has been based on protecting their reputation and protecting themselves legally. Developing Royce White as an NBA player is the last thing on Les Alexander's and Daryl Morey's minds and I don't blame them one bit.

The Rockets won't take the risk of cutting him. In October, they will decline the option on his 3rd year and he will face the definite end of the gravy train. I cannot wait for his reaction. This loser will get paid for 2 full NBA seasons and then his basketball career will go up in smoke. His only chance at continued income is by lawsuit. Fortunately, it appears the Rockets are smart enough not the leave themselves vulnerable.

Royce, if you are reading this, please understand it's not just Adam Silver, David Stern, the Rockets and other teams that want you gone: It's nearly all of us Rockets fans too. You will be an unfortunate footnote in franchise history. The biggest mistake of Daryl Morey's career.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Even if they cut him I doubt he'd have a case.

He made no effort to play and he can't expect the team to bend to his will, playing the NBA is a privilege and just because you get drafted doesn't mean anything and it sure doesn't mean you are supposed to get whatever you want whether you have mental problems or not. Even if he does have these mental problems I don't see how he has a case.

It's like expecting to get a promotion because you are mentally challenged.

Or in better context, wanting a team to play you because you don't have any arms. That's not how it works, the NBA doesn't have to sign you or play you. You deal with your flight problems or you are going to miss a lot of games in the NBA.

If the Rockets play him what is going to be next? Is he going to expect the Rockets to accept that he won't play B2B on the road because of flights? Better yet, blame the NBA for not having a NBA schedule that makes him able to travel by bus?

I honestly don't want this guy in the lockerroom of our team. Because from what I can tell he's going to cause a lot of problems. Might not be happy when Harden waves him off, might whine about why he didn't play in the closing minutes...

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Oh no not again. This bum was a mistake draft pick on so many levels. He is doing a huge disservice to mentally ill people. There are millions on people with panic attacks who have to go to work everyday. They deal with it. I wish we could cut him, but I guess we will just let his contract run out in the d-league and then let him go. If he quits playing I hope they quit paying him. The guy is talented, there is no doubt about that. Sad he is a lazy ass bum who does not want to work using a common illness as an excuse.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He talks about all this support he's gotten from other players, but none of it is public. No comments from any of his Rockets teammates, Vipers teammates, or the NBAPA. Perhaps he doesn't realize they're being sarcastic.

Incredulous D-Leaguer: "Gee, I wish I could get an RV. Maybe they'd call me Winnebago too." :rolleyes:

Royce: "I knew I wasn't alone!"

17. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

That train is never late.

18. dragonz

dragonz Member

5 kids? no
    10 kids? yes
    STD? yes

19. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Right before our eyes this guy is lighting a match to his future, to millions of dollars of guaranteed money, to a life of fame and glory being supported by millions of people around the world to play a game.

I wish I could just talk to him and slap some sense into him. Tell him that all these people that are calling him for interviews are just exploiting him for publicity/ratings/hits. I wish I could tell him that in a few years when he's out of the league and broke, they won't return his phone calls and text messages.

Royce! It's simple! You get paid millions to play a game! Get your money THEN rally around this cause!

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope after the Rockets not pick up his option for the 3rd year, he'd file a lawsuit. He stole money for 2 years from the Rockets and if the organization can't get it back, then the next best thing is for him to use it all up on court and lawyer fees. He has no case, so he'll lose in due time... and be exactly where he was before being drafted.