1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Support Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RX2012, Dec 7, 2012.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Who's Royce White?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who's Giving a Flying Rat's A$$

3. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

he's fat, slow and undersized

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

No point in supporting him. Why support someone who's making millions of dollars but acting like his life is so hard. Royce have no one to blame but himself. He had the same amount of chance to make the rotation just like everyone else.

He should be thanking the Rockets for believing in him in the first place and drafted him. Otherwise, who knows if any other team would even bother drafting him and risking all the trouble. The Rockets gave him a chance and the same opportunity just like any other rookies on the team. Just because he has mental health problems, doesn't mean he will get special treatment.

Unlike all the other rookies on the team, Royce didn't show up to the start of training camp because he wanted to deal with the flying issues (which I think he could have dealt with the issue at training camp). So because he wanted to deal with the issue at home and not come to training camp, he was already behind. Being a rookie, you would need training camp and a lot of practices in order to get adjusted to the NBA. During Pre-Season, he was basically playing catch up because he was so behind everyone else.

And then, the Regular season starts and he was expecting the Rockets to put him in the rotation ahead of other players who worked hard and busted their behinds. Told the organization that if he doesn't get playing time, it would affect his mental health issue so the Rockets assigned him to D-League where he can get as much playing time as he wants. But he thinks he's too good for D-League so he decided to go AWOL until he gets what he wants.

Royce White didn't put in the hard work like others did, tries to use his mental illness to get what he wants, also uses his mental illness as an excuse, has maturity issues, expects special treatment from the team, doesn't even try to work his way into the rotation and expects the team to just handed it to him... I'm sorry but someone like that, its really hard to support and root for.

Royce White has been problematic since being drafted. From the not showing up to media day and training camp issues, to not showing up to games, practices and D-League assignments. Royce White is just an ignorant selfish narcissistic person that blames everyone else and uses his illness as an excuse. When he was diagnosed with his mental illness, he expected that for the rest of his life, everybody has to roll out the red carpet for him.

The Rockets did everything for him. They let him take buses to certain games, issued him a mental health professional, and even have some of their employees to ride the bus with him so that he wouldn't feel lonely and he still thinks the Rockets are being unfair to him. Screw him, I hope the Rockets will keep fining him and terminate his contract.

1 person likes this.
  5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I SUPPORT ROYCE!

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

So what kind of opportunity are you talking about here????

The Rockets welcomes him to practice with the team if he wants to join, he just chooses not to.

So are you saying that even though he doesn't work hard as the other young players, didn't put as much time and energy into it, and the Rockets would put him in the rotation in front of guys like D-Mo and Jones?

Why should the Rockets put Royce into the rotation ahead of other young players who has been working hard and patiently waiting for their opportunity to crack the rotation?

Do you understand that opportunities are earned, not given...Teams just don't give opportunities to any players, they have to earn it themselves. So far, White has done nothing to earn an opportunity to be in the rotation. When was the last time he even shows up to practice with the team?

7. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Are you just trolling or you are really this dumb?

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

HEY! I spilled my guts on one of the White threads. Nuff said. Trust me, the guy could fall over the deep edge at any time. 40 years ago his condition was treated by electroshock and frontal lobotomies. And none of these stupid asinine questions about about playing him. He is in Morey's and medical hands. Let them deal with it. So STFU.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Impossible. Which one you iz?

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I fully support White... to retire from basketball and go broke.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Why support an idiot that has been given the chance of a lifetime, but is gonna squander it being a dumbass? pass....

12. Mr. Space City

**** royce white

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I wish Royce the best with his problems and hope this turns out wel for him personally and for us as Rocket fans. I guess some might think this does not make me an unforgiving internet tough guy like many of the previous posters.

15. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I personally am sympathetic toward Royce White and his condition. And I don't believe it requires a professional to feel for him and his family and friends. I wish it could be as simple as "pull up your socks." It sounds like Royce's problem is more serious than other conditions (such as addictions and such) that most people have which require medical treatment.

Like everyone else in this world, Royce needs support and encouragement, especially at this time in his life. It's a difficult period for him, and judgmental (and sometimes mean) comments don't help anyone. Even if we don't understand the situation to a great degree, compassionate support would be more helpful in the long and short run for a valued member of the human race.

How wonderful for him to conquer this challenge that is larger than basketball. Please, let's pull for this young man.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't care what happens to Royce White as long as he doesn't play for the Rockets. If you want to feel sorry for someone you don't know who has problems, I think you can probably find someone a lot worse off than a rich basketball player who sits at home all day tweeting.

17. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

..."sits at home all day tweeting" actually may be part of the problem, maybe a symptom? I'm not sure...

But it's not about feeling sorry; it's having compassion for someone in whose shoes we do not walk.

18. nef2005

nef2005 Member

Having a therapist will *hinder* his psychological development? That is absurd. There may be a chance that the two don't mesh we'll and there are better therapists available, but saying it is the wrong course of action is just ...smh.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I support him getting back to work and shutting the hell up.

I also support him getting fined basically his entire salary amount until both of these conditions are fulfilled.

1 person likes this.
  20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I wish the Rockets the best with their Royce White problems. I could not care less how this all turns out for Royce on a personal level. The guy is a grade-A douche.