1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Support Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RX2012, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

This.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I would like for Royce to live up to his contractual obligations as an NBA player. I wish him well otherwise.

3. RX2012

RX2012 Member

I agree.

Yeah, if the rockets trade him he will get playing time somewhere else. Other NBA teams know how to handle these guys better than the rockets.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I don't want your support RX2012. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23suckit">#suckit</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23LOL">#LOL</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Royce_VVhite) <a href="https://twitter.com/Royce_VVhite/status/277099195842846720" data-datetime="2012-12-07T17:16:11+00:00">December 7, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Arthurprescott2

Ladies and Gentleman, our first true ROF! :eek:

1 person likes this.
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's already a thread where you can show your support. If it feels like he's not getting any there, it's because he's being immature in handling his contractual obligations.

7. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Hold up, it's not that easy. There's probably stuff in the contract that most regular people don't know. It's not just get paid and show up.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek:

9. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Really where????

The thread that calls him out for missing practice and making a statement???

That's not a good title for a support thread.

Contractual obligations??? It's not that easy, and the Rockets should've did a better job in the situation.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm so gullible... carry on; nothing to see here.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's not, don't show up and get paid, either.

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

rofl sucks to be you

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Give me a good reason why he should be sitting out for over THREE weeks now? He's not sitting out because he's suffering constantly, he's sitting out because he's holding out until they accommodate him.

As far as we know, he's still getting paid. Why isn't he putting in time for that money? why isn't he at least sitting in at practice, in games? Why can't he miss a game because of his migraines, but be there again when they're over?

This guy is 21 years old. Probably has only been "researching" his illness for a handful of years, maybe less, but people want to treat him as the definitive source of information of all mental illnesses. Don't forget he's still very much a big teen. Even young geniuses make big mistakes because they lack life experience and maturity. Maturity and intelligence don't go hand in hand.

What did u want the team to do? They sent a driver to drive him to training camp and he didn't go. Should they have moved training camp next door to his house? I'm all for helping him and accommodating him, but if he can't do the job, even with accommodations, then he shouldn't be here. The rockets are only putting up with him because they're desperate for a star and have to take on big risks.

#33 RV6, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  14. Louka

lmao! got'em coach!

15. Louka

just trolling through :eek:

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. RX2012

RX2012 Member

I don't know, I just think they should've given him some minutes...something.

But i can see that Royce White is very prideful and is embarrassed of his weakness...which is why he is so defensive...

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Minutes are earned not given. Marcus Morris & PPat earned their time in the D-League waiting patiently why should Royce take precedence over them?

19. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Thats a fair statement that i agree with.

But why haven't the Rockets done a better job of making Royce believe in the necessary steps to get him on the court??

Royce isn't that big headed enough to think he is greater than the system, i dont think.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You've got to earn minutes. You don't get handed minutes. You're thinking opportunities start with NBA minutes. The opportunities come in training camp, practice, preseason. Getting NBA minutes is like a promotion. You shouldn't be getting a promotion simply because it gives you anxiety. Where would it stop, if he did? Should he be an automatic starter? Vote him in as an all-star because it's his dream and he'll worry he won't make it? MVP? Honorary world championship ring? Trade him to Miami, so he worries less about losing?

You have to accommodate, but still be realistic. It's about giving him an equal chance, not a better one or more.

Royce is an adult. The team can't physically take him to training camp. For the Rockets to "make him believe" they'd have to be more aggressive and forceful, which would just cause Royce to scream abuse. He's just not ready.

And yes he is that big headed. Read his tweets.

#40 RV6, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012