1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Can the Rockets have a team meeting like the Dallas Mavericks last season when they voted for Lamar Odom not to be part of their incentives/bonuses.

As we can all remember Odom was b****in and unprofessional last season when he was traded to the Mavs.

This would come out favorably for Royce as there are too many high character guys on the team who would obviously try to be understanding of him and be patient.

But of course what you want to do here is to get Royce to stop thinking of just himself and start thinking as part of a collective. Probably, when he starts thinking as part of a larger thing than himself maybe, just maybe he'll quit b****in.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You would think this, but Ken Berger reported yesterday that his management has been in talks with the league and the Rockets since this whole thing started. My guess is that his agent has already cut ties with Royce on an professional level. He's probably just doing the bare minimum to collect his commission check from his draft cut.

I'm not completely positive that they have the greatest working relationship right now either.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Fred Hoiberg has called, his high school coach, anyone who has been close to him, but Royce probably has not listened, or avoided their calls. I believe he is purposefully alone in his battle. Just him and his #anxietytroopers.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Judging how it seems to be "my way or the highway(_30)" with Royce, his agent probably doesn't want to get fired.

4. dobro1229

Right now he is supposed to have reported to Rio Grande as of yesterday.

Every day he's not in RGV & actively participating in team activities, he is fined 15K daily. The only way to avoid being fined is to attend his doc appointments that were setup daily by the Rockets.

5. Raven

Raven Member

15k a day? I hope so, because that adds up, especially on a rookie contract.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

if the 15k/day doesn't convince him then this muthafocker IS really crazy!!!

7. dobro1229

Yes it is daily.

This is the better angle from the Rockets perspective than them reaching out to Royce to try and negotiate a buyout first.

They are getting back a good chunk of capital in return from their losses. Royce makes roughly 80 to 85K after taxes monthly. So something like $2,800 all in a days work. $15K a day is a sizable chunk to give up.

So this goes 1 of 2 ways. Either he keeps allowing himself to get fined to the point of bankrupcy(and he keeps his Twitter dignity)

or he takes 2 or 3 days of fining, realizes he cannot afford this. Shapes up & becomes a productive player, or he comes to the table to negotiate a buyout.

Im banking on the buyout by sometime early next week at the latest. I just dont see him have a change of heart that quick, publicly apologizing, turning off his Twitter account, and getting back to work like nothing ever happened.

8. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

I hope the Rockets cut ties with him ASAP. Royce is a 2-3 year project WITHOUT his mental illness. Do we really want to deal with him long term?

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

He won't be able to give an apology until he hits rock bottom with his psychosis imo. He is to far gone and he's losing control of the manipulation of this situation, and for narcissistic manipulative ocd'ers that's a game over...hence the complete twitter meltdown.

LOL dammit.

10. dobro1229

The fines are a way of them forcing him to the table to ask to be waived at minimal losses to Royce.

The Rockets have some very schrewd businessmen at the helm here that know exactly what they are doing.

He's either going to look like a fool in a couple days when he suddenly gives in and becomes a model citizen, or he asks to be cut. Either way, the Rockets win unless Royce is holding out some incredibly significant piece of info that he is planning on using against them to "take on the man."

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not sure I could do it alone, though, he is pretty big :p.

1 person likes this.
  12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Did this douche just refer to himself as "the kid"? WHAT A ****.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you can't reason with a crazy person. royce is like an evangelical when it comes to GAD/OCD/SAD/etc... ever tried to reason with an evangelical??? :eek:

14. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Yeah.

Consequences.

The best way to instill discipline and responsibility.

Yeah, go Rockets. Teach this child a lesson.

15. dobro1229

What courage he has taking on the evil mighty powers of BLEACHERREPORT

16. delta69er

delta69er Member

amazing how a grown a$$ man can act like such a child. He better learn to mature real quick before he's out of the league, broke and wondering how he wasted the opportunity of a lifetime

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm kind of curious, how can they fine him more money per day than he makes in a day? That seems... unreasonable. Unless it was a court of law handing it down. I'm not sure what his contract looks like, but can't he just refuse to pay it? Royce is f***ing with some very smart and powerful people, and he's going to lose.

18. dobro1229

Yes, I live in Texas.

Its been noted that Royce's Twitter campaign has forced the NBPA and his management to have very little backing in this case. He WILL BE fined with nobody there to help him fight the Rockets.

Unless Royce is making more than 15K a day selling CD's through his record label to make up for lost wages, at some point he will have to crack financially and ask for the Rockets to formally waive him.

Either that or he will have to shut up and report to RGV immediately. If Royce just gives up and shows up as a model citizen after all of this what does that say about his campaign for progress??? #Progress only Im making money????

19. fattz

fattz Member

This is the best way to deal with him, IMO. He will have to do something soon with this pace of fining. Sick or not something will happen and it is really all up to him. His spot on the 15 man roster is coveted by a lot of really good prospects/players. Livingston for one would make the rotation today.

20. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I just want to say that this White fiasco actually makes me feel like it's brought more of us together because he's a common antagonist, like the Lakers. For that I guess I'm grateful?

1 person likes this.