1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Right now i'm really pissed against him but there's always two sides to a story and i'd like to think that there is more than his irrationality causing all this ruckus.

2. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I feel sorry for him, and I'm glad that the front office as well the team have the maturity to show only support and respect for what he's going through. I want to be able to cheer on Royce White in a Rockets jersey, and hope that it comes to pass.

3. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

LMAO

Linsanity
    Beardsanity
    Insanity

1 person likes this.
  4. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

It's amazing to see the shift in attitude towards this guy.

Some of us lost our patience immediately after the training camp incident. It seems like this latest fiasco has tested the majority of this community's patience.

Or perhaps we're just a vocal minority.

Either way, I'm done with this guy. It's pretty clear he just doesn't get it, and I want this to end with him not being part of this organization if he's not willing to be reasonable.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is impossible. The Rockets reportedly setup daily appointments to meet in person. If Royce misses the appointment, he can't expect the doc to just meet him at any random time its convenient for Royce.

6. David Stern

David Stern Member

We need to push him over the edge:grin:Start trolling him:p

7. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I would like to sympathize with Royce, I unfortunately interact with people who have real problems in life on a daily basis...

-A 28 y/o brother-in-law born with spina bifida
    -A good friend who had a son born on July 25th and is still in the hospital due to intestinal deformation.....awaiting his 3rd surgery
    -Several friends who were in Iraq for the war.....who actually have PTSD

Despite these circumstances, these people continue to show up for work while getting the help they need to do so.

Just STFU, Royce. You've turned into a ******* embarrassment for humanity.....not a humanitarian!

4 people like this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is what I suspect Royce is doing. The world revolves around him. He is trying to make it appear as if he's willing to meet with the guy, but he doesn't want to, so he is going out of his way to make it impossible (i.e. short notice, lack of communication, etc.). "See, I tried!"

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i remember reading on one of the pages in this thread that royce was spotted at a sushi restaurant watching the HOU-MIA game live there...

was this confirmed as true?

10. dobro1229

That's probably why he's getting some of those crazy bizaro Tweets he's reposting. The sharks are seeing and smelling the blood in the water, and going in for the attack. Sad.... but he is basically asking for it.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's not making any sense. If he's really being fined because the Dr. forced him to do a phone appt and Royce didn't think that was sufficient, then Royce should, and probably would, have tweeted that from the beginning. Instead, he tweeted that he was in trouble for wanting to keep his own doc. And now he's bringing up this phone stuff. And isn't his own doc out of the state? Not seeing her in person either, is he?

He's not being transparent or honest.

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I agree. Yesterday a woman got badly burnt, lost her husband and all 4 of her children in a fire that destroyed there house here in Belgium.
    Make's you realize how little your problems are compared to others.

I understand Royce has issues, but he's making millions of dollars as well and should try to look on the bright-side.

13. dobro1229

Yep. One of the first things to come out of the Rockets camp was that they have scheduled daily appointments for him. If they had been doing it for him the past week, why would they have just stopped today? sigh... such a victim.

14. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

You would think his agent would tell him to get off twitter and do something else with his time. Like maybe work on his game or just go work out to reduce some of his anxiety/stress. What does Royce do? He tweets non-stop with his one-man crusade about how terrible the mean ol' Rockets have been to him.

I dont get it. Someone needs to get in his ear and tell him to turn the computer off before he says something else stupid.

15. dobro1229

He's really pressing here.

And the fact that he keeps on bringing up the dollar amount is sad. Obviously the money is an issue for him....

16. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Couldn't he also just attend practice to avoid fines?

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Perhaps this episode is why other teams passed on him before the Rockets picked him. Did they see this coming and the Rockets missed it?

18. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

This is shallow, but I wouldn't dislike him half as much as I do if he didn't use those stupid hash tags. #Honesty

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The dude is a pariah and an embarrassment for those of us who have suffered from mental disease yet continue to fight through it without pointing fingers at society for not understanding us.

1 person likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He hasn't been to practice in a while so now it's not part of his routine. He needs consistency otherwise he'll have anxiety. Going to practice right now would give him anxiety.

1 person likes this.