1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Schizotypal Personality Disorder...i really think this is the closest to defining his "anxiety issue"

I am not a psychiatrist, so cant really comment on that...but with my understanding of psychiatric illness, this would most closely resemble his issue...

wiki will have to do for know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Nice analogy :)

The Rockets are saying the only things they can say. Nothing, repeat nothing can be read into the organizations responses. Its a script written for the situation. You say the right things period. Unless Morey or Les slip and actually say something damaging, which I believe they are too smart to do, then any statement pertaining to White can be foretold before they say it.

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'm still on the bandwagon. Some PT and wins cures most ills.

4. split41

split41 Member

I feel bad for Royce, I hope it all work out and he dominates in the D league.

5. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

White has skills, but so did Williams. Translating them to on the court production often is a different matter. Because White is a Rocket, I hope he makes it ... and makes it big. However, given his motivational and head problems, his chances are slim ... and getting slimmer.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. I agree that the Rockets would be wise to support him (hopefully Daryl's statement isn't just PR). They already spent a draft pick on him and there's no getting it back no matter what else happens. So, might as well make the best of it.

2. Don't know what his deal is. If it is ego and adjustment, hopefully he gets his head on straight like Marcus Morris did this year and not follow the Terrence Williams path.

7. tigereye

tigereye Member

Les chimes in:

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He could get plenty of PT and wins in RGV.

9. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

He does not have Schizotypal Personality Disorder. That is reserved for individuals with highly odd, magical beliefs who often impose their thinking on others. The types of people who swear by "energy crystals" etc., but to such a degree that it interferes with their lives. Trust me, this is not what Royce has. Whether or not he has traits of other personality disorders is another thing... Just not this one.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Les doesn't have the PR manager as Morey.

1 person likes this.
  11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I wish I knew what's really going on with this guy, the Rockets probably do too. I do know this, Royce is making things much harder for himself. I feel Royce is throwing an opportunity away that others would almost die for. Because I don't know the full extent of his mental health issues, I'm hesitant to be too critical of his actions, but I am disappointed for everyone involved.

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

So it sounds like ownership is on top of this, and is prepared to cut ties to Royce White if it comes to that. If it hasn't already.

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

so he thinks he's a legit NBA player with those demands and missing practice? Les should void his contract..

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wouldnt be surprised if he isnt cut by the end of the week...considering Les has spoken...you never want your top boss to say things like that...just saying...Looks like he is gonna be paying for a bus he wont get to use ever...so much talent...that will face the harsh reality of the NBA...this is a professional organization...and the moment you forget that...its game over!

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If one were to view this as a chess match, id say Les (knowing White will read it) is telling him that his patience is limited and he is willing to pull the plug if it comes to that. The next move is White's.

One thing I am pretty sure about though, Morey and Les are better at chess than White.

16. dje243

dje243 Member

Why tease us!!!???!

17. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

This dude tweets 20-30 times a day. He's not a professional, still a kid really.

18. daernoth

daernoth Member

The Rockets knew he had mental issue when they got him. They need to realize that he will have emotional reactions and then say and do stuff he will regret later.

He is still a young guy. Give him heavy minutes in the DLeague and I think he will make it his mission to work hard and show how good he is.

Looking at this as a chess game is counterproductive. The adults have to act like it. Make sure there are consequences to his actions but otherwise don't freak out and make hasty decisions.

19. Illegal Machine

It's going to be awesome when getting cut/released/bought out by the Rockets snaps this kid into reality and we get to watch him be successful for another team.

CAN'T WAIT!

20. Dei

Dei Member

This is obviously a last resort but can't the Rockets simply stop paying him? He's not performing his contract after all. Or do their contracts have that much guarantee?