1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Someone needs to diagnose him with his real problem.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's take it easy on Royce...

Young and immature, with a mental illness. My favorite Rocket of all time was very similar. Give him some positive feedback and love on Twitter. It is pointless for us to tear him down, even If he deserves it. He could be a special player for this team one day. Let's build him up and support him like the great city and franchise that we are.

RIP Eddie Griffin...

3. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I'm not saying anything inappropriate or anything thats wasn't said or OMITTED by the organization, they have their media, this is mine.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268853199081984000" data-datetime="2012-11-14T23:09:32+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You are PART of the organization, dingleberry.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Royce White thinks that his career may not be important to him...but its his career that has provided a platform to deal with his illness... he could use this chance with the team to champion his cause/plight is by showing others how to properly deal with mental illnesses in the workplace. As of now...he has clearly shown a lack of adequate decision making capability and is going on twitter rambling about an injustice by Rockets mgmt that seems far fetched...

At some point every employer will have had enough with a non productive employee...Im sure that the Rockets will give this kid a chance(ie fines, talks, etc)...but if he isnt willing to even come half way to what the Rockets have to offer...then he is no longer an asset the Team should care about, and they should look to sever ties...

Realize this as well...he will never get a job in the NBA after this...teams will look at what the Rockets tried...and see that it failed...and will be more reluctant to even give him a chance...

Sad...so much talent ... literally going down the drain...every time he speaks...

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    I'm not saying anything inappropriate or anything thats wasn't said or OMITTED by the organization, they have their media, this is mine.

7. daernoth

daernoth Member

This is the most tragic thing about all this. According to him, he set out to help people with an anxiety disorder but has ended up screwing future players in the same situation. He has set a bad precedent and GM's are never going to forget this.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just curious how much if this is a legitimate mental issue versus being a immature and pampered young athlete who is finally not getting his way. I don't doubt he has his issues but I just can't help but feel that excuse can't be used for all of this...unless,of course, he is just completely insane

Looks like he is falling off the deep end though. He needs some help

9. Mr. Clutch

Someone tweeted that to him, that he should succeed in the NBA first then be a spokesperson for mental illness.

He responded that he doesn't believe in fairy tales or something like that.

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think about sums it up.

He needs to do the heavy lifting and stop demanding others remake the world to fit him.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He will probably end up in New York where he blows up then Rockets will overpay to get him back lol

12. Mr. Clutch

I think it's a mental issue or personality disorder, but not anxiety.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Glad the Sunday Brunch is still a go.

14. daernoth

daernoth Member

I think delusions of grandeur can be added to the list of his problems... sigh...

A lot of people would question where his doctor and his mother and other close friends are atm and why they don't stop him. I suspect that he has isolated himself from them just like the did from the Rockets organization. He won't listen to advice I bet.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Please don't put Lin in the same category as RW. Lin waited his turn. Let got cut multiple times. Lin showed that dedication and a little luck can lead to good things. RW is the opposite of Lin. He is complaining about not getting playing time, every time he faces adversity he takes to twitter for attention, and now that he's being shipped to RGV he's pissed. When Lin was pushed to the d-league he lit it up down there. I'm not a Lin fan to say the least, but you gotta admit the guy has a lot of character.

16. seyton

seyton Member

I'd agree with this.

17. Mr. Clutch

I agree it's pointless. We can't get through to him.

Doesn't seem like anyone can, unless he starts making his doc appointments.

18. opticon

opticon Member

He has larger issue going on. His OCD about his GAD is causing him to make some very poor life choices. He fails to realize that in less then 15 years he will just be a normal person with OCD and GAD except he will be tall.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL at the calendar date mix-up.

Seriously, why has nobody close to him stopped him from this self-destruct mode.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Batman, this issue is too close to your heart and it is blinding you. Do you remember what it was like when T-Mac and the Rockets had the dispute over doctors? Fans here crucified him. The idea that any of this backlash stems from some sort of bias against mental illness is just flat out ridiculous.

You have a legit argument that people with mental illness suffer from isolation, discrimination, etc. in the real world, but there is NOTHING to suggest that this is happening to Royce.