1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

1) I think Royce needs to lay off the tweets and social media. He gets easily antognized by prodding fans and seems to respond to every flippant remark. CANNOT be good for someone with anxiety to hear what others are saying about you!

2) Marcus Morris, Chris Finch, Greg Smith need to have a talk with him and let him know that going to the D-League is an OPPORTUNITY to showcase your skills, not a demotion. Sitting at the end of the bench is a demotion. By working through the D-League, impressive stats will get him called up to contribute, Mook and Greg can attest to that

3) Morey needs to pull him aside and remind him how he trades people away every 3 days and that an opening for him could be around the corner on the Rockets roster. Wink wink

4) He needs to regain perspective that he is an NBA FRIGGIN Playa' and that is a huge priviledge, not to mention great platform from which to inform people about anxiety. He will only hurt the cause if he fails--so Royce find your inner peace, buddha, pilates, classical music, relax, get your head back in the game, and regroup.

2 people like this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't know, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Rockets have some sort of insurance clause or other contract loophole given the nature of his impediments. I mean a contract is a contract but if a medical condition prevents him from fulfilling the duties of that contract, I'm sure there is a way for Houston to be protected - this is the team after all that recently had both Yao Ming and TMac.

I hate to be a cynic but it seems to me that Houston didn't really want 3 first round picks(3 guaranteed contracts) but got stuck with them(thanks, Dwight!). If you have to take 3 first rounders, why not use one of them on a guy who has a high upside and the downside is he wouldn't be able to medically fulfill his contractual duties? 1.5-2mil for an NBA team isn't a lot but I bet insurance swallows a lot of that if White just can't take the rigors of an NBA season because of anxiety disorder.

Royce might need to look into the Harlem Globetrotters if this doesn't work out - make a living playing basketball, but they play several nights in a city and only travel maybe once a week. I hate to think like that, but it seems like White is struggling right now.

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Void his contract

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never ending story...

The hell with this guy already.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Keep this up and he'll be out of the league soon and playing next to Terrence Williams.

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Looks like 2k13 is the only time we'll ever see White on an NBA basketball court. His mom needs to kick his ass.

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Ah my old enemy: excuses.

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

maturity is clearly playing as much of a roll..not excuse to miss practice, you can blame it on anxiety all you want but that is a maturity issue. Hopefully he'll wise up, play a year in the D-League and then make a push for the NBA. I have some hope.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

hello, my name is royce white. i am scared of my own shadow but i feel the need to broadcast every single stupid thought that pops into my head to the whole wide world. thank god for twitter and over-inflated feeling of self importance that it gives me and millions of others.

1 person likes this.
  10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

OP is racist. What about black fans, or Asian fans?

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I'm sick of these prima donnas acting like they are above putting in some NBDL work.There are currently 12 former Viper players on NBA rosters.It's obvious they have a great program down there.

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

The tweet sounds like it was meant to be a joke on the stereotype of his disorder. Kind of like a person in a wheel chair saying their old nemesis is stairs.

Either way, while he will need to work on discipline I don't think him missing is a practice is a big deal. But given the fact that he is dealing with old school hardcases like McHale and Sampson that might be the source of the issues. However, I have hope that like Morris, he will be able to work through whatever issues he has been having with the coaching staff.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm starting to think the same thing.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yup, it's the hardass coaches who are to blame. they are also, naturally, the source of white's training camp and opening night absences.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

changing my sig...

this guy is hopeless...

what makes me even mad are his stupid tweets..

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

White-people problems

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Any lawyers in the house have any knowledge of NBA contracts voided in a similar case, and what case the Rockets have for parting ways with Royce if they are able to?

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Busty White is busty.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOL. Didn't read the thread before posting. Just found out at least two similar responses in the thread. Damn you Carl, damn you the racist. :grin:

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While White's future may still be important as it pertains to the Rockets, the MOST important thing right now is not to let his situation affect the other players or the rest of the team. D league will separate his influence mostly since further missed this and thats wont be noticed at the Rockets NBA level team (people wont wonder where he is cause he wont be supposed to be there anyway).

But I have to also consider that we have a job to do at the D league level. If he becomes a cancer there (in the sense of becoming a drama magnet) , then some greater step will have to be taken. I dont know what courses of action are available but I hope whatever they are, they are in the back of someones mind if/when their implementation is necessary.