1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yikes I am not going to bother reading some of these statements in this thread. Honestly, I am rooting for Royce always have been always will be. There seems to be a lot of he said she said going on right now. Hopefully everything figures itself out.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I'd bet money on it.

And with Jordan weighing in, that means the entire league is watching, and I suspect that is exactly what White wants. I could be wrong, but I think he's playing the Rockets like a violin.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is just trolling now

[​IMG]

#604 Zboy, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Man, I have no problem criticizing the Rockets' organization, but in this case they're bending over backwards to accommodate Royce White and it seems he's not taking advantage of it. He's still tweeting his ass off as I'm typing this, #smh. I think White believes he's leading some sort of movement to bring about national awareness to anxiety. The people that tweet him in order to voice support might be doing something counterproductive and reinforcing White's belief that he's leading a mass movement. He needs to get off twitter and go handle his mental issues. His actions will speak much louder than his words. He's a young guy who seems misguided and easily swayed. He needs a pr advisor BAD. I still have hope for Royce White as a player, but my patience is wearing thin.

#605 Kwame, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This is effing ridiculous.

Sorry, Royce is a joke. If I had a few minutes to waste, I'd let him know that on twitter....but he's not worth my time.

Cut him and free yourself.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol, it's not really Jordan. Fake account.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm not even going to pretend to understand what's going on so judging the way he is reacting makes absolutely no sense.

So all I'll say is that I hope Royce figures this thing out and gets back to playing basketball.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think the Rockets should to do whatever they need to do legally with him and still make it look good on their part as much as they can, then get rid of him as fast as they can. He is a head case, I feel sorry for him but I think he is already more trouble than he is worth.

You can see the guy isn't trying to work things out. He can say he is but his actions don't show it. He has to realize that the world is not all about him getting his way to be what he calls healthy. What isn't healthy is thinking that your entitled to something and don't have to live up to you expectations that you are being paid for.

The Rockets have already done things for him that they haven't done for any other player ever and now he wants more, he needs to grow up.

10. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Hi's Doc is just a PCP. Im sure the rockets are setting him up with psychiatrist ,psycologyst, neurologist. Theres no way his pcp is trained for this .He needs to start by showing up to his appointments till that happens I see no future for this kid .For someone who see's himself as an intellectual ; doesnt he see his doc is not quallified to treat him .

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've said it from the beginning. Somebody in the Royce White camp is not doing his/her job. If White is immature, if he has a mental illness that makes him unable to handle simple decisions, then somebody needs to do it for him and that somebody is not doing the job.

Now, it is also very possible that White doesn't have that somebody, or he is not allowing anyone to be that somebody. If that's the case, too bad.

12. Trackball

Trackball Member

It IS something he would say, though. And it does fit here.

13. Super Lintendo

All these statements to media have been through a publicist, ie his agency.

14. makman

makman Member

More just what Royce said. How could anyone root for this clown? It won't work out, he doesn't want to play period. I don't pity him and people need to stop acting like he's in such a tough situation, he makes honey boo boo look like a rhodes scholar.

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

Apologists just don't want to admit to the fact that yes the guy has mental issues but Royce has been able to "game" his condition up to now.

Because of his athletic abilities he has always been coddled but now he is a grown-up with real responsibilities and he just cant get away with it anymore.

The mindless messaging just proves that he is more about getting attention than actually being an adult and dealing with the problem.

Why doesn't he ever have any anxiety about yelling his business around the world tweeting??

Its just time to cut bait and move on

16. Arthurprescott2

Yup. whether that's his PCP/therapist, his mom, or his agent. Someone is failing badly. The kid is 21, dealing w/ a lot of stuff that's he's just not equipped to handle, partly cause of age, partly cause of his condition. But people are reaching out to him and trying to help him. The other players, the organization, etc. It's on him to accept the help. If not... nothing more can be done.

17. PointForward

PointForward Member

His entitled, spoiled brat, trash attitude is everything that is wrong with America today. Boo freaking Hoo you have a mental disorder. You're not entitled to be on a freaking NBA roster and get paid out the a$$. This is a job afterall, and his employer is fully in the right to require his compliance or he has no place working for them. The stupid a$$-backwards "psychology" pseudo-science has convinced millions of people that they're not just being stupid, there is something "really wrong" with them.. Call it a "mental disorder", "anxiety disorder", "ADHD", "ADD", "bipolar disorder", etc... Take medication for it, ruin your kidneys, start b1tching when the real world doesn't accommodate your outlandish requirements, pull the "This is a serious sickness you heartless meanies!" card, profit.. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A Publicist is not a Sports Agent. Two different people.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Royce does not seem to be attempting to meet the Rockets half way on making progress with his problems. I'm off his bandwagon. At a certain point you have to show a willingness to cooperate and put effort into this. He seems to have done nothing but make matters worse at every turn. I sympathize with his disorder, but this seems to be a personality/maturity disorder as much as a health problem at this point.

1 person likes this.
  20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

It seems like he wants to dictate terms that are unreasonable from the Rockets point of view.

Royce needs to compromise - I'm quite sure the Rockets terms are viable. I bet they have better medical/psychology advisers than those Royce is guided by. His anxiety seems to fuel trust issues

I'm expecting a statement from him in a couple of days either apologizing or giving a reasonable excuse for this public meltdown. Twitter is such a crappy instrument in weaker hands