1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

But what do I know...and anyone else for that matter

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

**** twitter.

Quit if you're not up for the challenge. Nobody is holding a gun to White's head.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Can somebody tweet him why he doesn't reply to Marcus, at least?

4. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This will be made into a 30 for 30 someday

5. makman

makman Member

All these tweets don't apply to anyone but him. Millions? He represents himself and only himself and cares only for himself. How many companies would tolerate a constant no show? He deserves to be bashed, clearly support means nothing to him because it will never be enough. Excuses are for the weak failing to take responsibility, he may be 21 but has the maturity of a 13 yr old. What a waste of talent, an opportunity, and most importantly a pick.

6. Super Lintendo

Does he really need to release these public statements basically accusing the Rockets of being "villains"? This is the second time now.

These are most likely written or the very least checked out and released to the media by his agency. Do these solicitors or reps have mental illnesses too?

7. Raven

Raven Member

8. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Who the hell does he think he is ?

Mental issues or not Rockets have one goal, to win a championship, they aren't a platform for Royce White to play some uninspired basketball for the sake of showing hes overcoming 'anxiety' and that means everyone else can.

Its not anyone's job but his to overcome and beat his disorder, he needs to stop expecting everyone to change the system just for him.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the full interview with Bullard, via CSN Houston.

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/YkU32_utvGqI?autoPlay=false&params=zone%3Drockets" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nah, at this point it's pretty clear you just get off on broadcasting your thoughts to the twitter universe.

11. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

Rox docs > "family doctor"

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I thought it was a great interview and I hope Royce heeds Bull's advice.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I wonder where Royce's agent is during all of this?

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's facepalming.

15. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Making plans for another job.

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Translation:
    " I ain't gotta tell ya *****!! I'm a pro!! Ya'll need to figure it out!!
    :rolleyes:

17. AbrahamLincoln

I wonder how many of the people sending him "supporting" tweets are just morons looking for retweets.

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Reading his tweets is killing me. It's because I'm in the mental health field and he's doing a huge disservice to the field and those who suffer from various mental health issues. This isn't about his anxiety, it's about his sense of entitlement. Him confusing the two only makes it harder for people to differentiate the two. He's screwing over a lot of people with a legitimate issue of dealing with the disorder in the workplace. Sorry I had to go on a rant for a bit.....it's just sad to watch happen.

2 people like this.
  19. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I think this started when he was put on reserve and maybe being on the "injured" reserve was a slap in the face in his own mind?

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Where is the Army psychiatrist(I think BillBradley) everyone was arguing with during Royce's escapade. If I was the Rockets I would have done the same thing to keep my org. out of the hot seat, but he was completely right. That situation enabled Royce to the point where it would only make matters worse the next go around.

Again, I personally would have done the same thing If I was the Rockets(not sure if I would have drafted him though), but BillBradley was right that this is exactly what was destined to happen after that situation.

If I was McHale or Morey I would be calling Fred Hoiberg right now to chew his A$# out. Him and alot of other people put their necks on the line to get Royce drafted. Can't say he didnt warn the Rockets, or that they listened, but its not like this just came out of the blue. These are the kind of things that had to have happened in college as well, but Royce didn't have the platform them and the legal backing to really make this kind of a charade out of it.