1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think this is very reasonable. You would think he would be willing to work with his employer, who has invested so much into him, instead of refusing to work with them at all. At this point it seems like he just wants to take while giving nothing of himself.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    “@DreamShakeSBN: Transparency is fine for a high school student. Maybe a college player. Not a professional.” SMH!

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What does that mean? He already has a doctor that he's comfortable with. Are they asking him to see someone else instead? This might be what he's referring to when he says he wants to be treated like a person.

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

This. Exactly this.

I was a big advocate for dude, but everytime he effs up, who's to blame.....not him...no no...it's the anxiety.

No show in life: anxiety
    Drink and drive: anxiety
    Smack a bidge: anxiety
    Miss practice: anxiety
    Forget mothers b-day: anxiety
    Late to practice: anxiety
    Patterns: anxiety

The disorder is real, but its different for different people.

He should not be anxiety Jesus because his anxiety is not his issue....it's much deeper.

GAD is quite common and he's aware that if he plays it will sooth it....

HELLO (c) herm Edwards .....you will PLAY in the d-league!!!!!!!

You will be brought back up very soon AND you will play once u get back.

But nope. Not patient. Temper tantrum. That little "a team" dart in his comment spoke volumes to me.

He knows what he's doing.

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

its easy to forget he is still a kid at 21. his self-importance is evident but I don't get the incessant tweeting. it looks unprofessional, attracts a lot of unwanted attention, and a lot of negative attention which can't be good for an anxiety disorder.

hopefully someone can talk him into taking a break, clearing his head and getting back to the NBA...

6. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I don't know either.

7. vernonmaxwell86

not even going to meetings?

this feels like Good Will Hunting

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

From what I've read on White, it seems he has kind of a primadona attitude. It's always about his right and his ways and the Rockets must accommadate. Perhaps he really likes the limelight and loved being talked about by everyone through his NCAA run and later on his issues. And he thinks he has the leverage to dictate terms to the Rockets.

But the truth is, he's basically a lottery ticket to the Rockets. He's a 16th pick, which is valued but hardly irreplacable. The Rockets have gazillion PFs anyway, and he might be the 4th most talented behind DMo, Jones, and PPat. The Rockets took a chance on him, and will accommodate him reasonably. But the moment the they think he's hurting the team more than he can help, then he'll see just why big bad corporations are hated.

9. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Let's get some omega-3 oils in his brain.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
    For those bashing Royce White tonight, do yourself a favor. Look up generalized anxiety disorder. Educate yourself before you troll.
    Retweeted by Royce White

WGRIII ‏@BillyReamon
    @DreamShakeSBN @highway_30 couldn't disagree more, his transparency brings awareness to a serious mental health problem. Go Royce
    Retweeted by Royce White

Ryan H. ‏@ryhowe13
    @Highway_30 keep up the good fight, it is too bad you are the target of uneducated and uninformed ignorance. Fight on, Trooper.
    Retweeted by Royce White

Weird Stache ‏@weirdstache
    @Highway_30 #anxiety has not had a voice before. You represent millions. You are an inspiration to us all. RT
    Retweeted by Royce White

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im not a big "Stern takeover" advocate, but its time for the league to step in here. The Rockets have their backs put against the wall here, and its time for a little support from the league. They can't just turn a blind eye here and leave the Rockets on an island.

What needs to happen-

A. Royce should be put on a leave of absence immediately.
    B. Let the NPBA and NBA negotiate legal documents that disclose clearly the expectations from both sides of the coin. It sounds like their are not clear definitions in the previous agreement between Royce and the Rockets.
    C. The Rockets should explore possibilities with the NBA NBPA on voiding Royce's contract if he refuses to meet minimum requirements in contract for next occasion.
    D. If Royce does this again, he's out, and the NBPA shouldn't be able to back him.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    “@SoupMonkee: failure is not awareness, succeed and then tell how you overcame obstacles.” Not interested in fairytales only #Progress

Not interested in your excuses, only #progress

JD ‏@jdthree17
    @Highway_30 I got asthma, that's more serious than your bull**** problem.
    Retweeted by Royce White

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    “@FDJESUP: @Highway_30 I understand complete where your coming from and you shouldnt need to explain yourself at all” UNFORTUNATELY, WE do.

Weird Stache ‏@weirdstache
    @Highway_30 being transparent simply means showing who you are. If the world would follow your lead it would be a better place. #anxiety RT
    Retweeted by Royce White

13. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="https://twitter.com/soupmonkee">soupmonkee</a>: failure is not awareness, succeed and then tell how you overcame obstacles.” Not interested in fairytales only <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Progress">#Progress</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268581442064379906" data-datetime="2012-11-14T05:09:40+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="https://twitter.com/fdjesup">fdjesup</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/highway_30">highway_30</a> I understand complete where your coming from and you shouldnt need to explain yourself at all” UNFORTUNATELY, WE do.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268581627788140546" data-datetime="2012-11-14T05:10:24+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

He RT'd this one, LOL
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/highway_30">highway_30</a> I got asthma, that's more serious than your bull**** problem.</p>&mdash; JD (@jdthree17) <a href="https://twitter.com/jdthree17/status/268581087205281792" data-datetime="2012-11-14T05:08:15+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>To be clear!, my only reason for publicly speaking is b/c YOU were lead to think I was AWOL, False. The communication has been loud n clear.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268582713764761600" data-datetime="2012-11-14T05:14:43+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He loves drama.

16. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

wow this guy seriously needs to step away from the keyboard... He's doing way more harm to his 'cause' than if he would just shut up and play.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes, so inspired by you taking on your employer who is paying you 1.6 mil a year to do nothing but sit on the bench for .... well... what are you mad at them about Royce? Too many carbs on the plane??(He seriously sent an angry tweet about fatty foods on the plane being #regress to his mental health). Take a GD banana with you on the plane dude.

There is a poor way of handling situations with your employer and then there is this nonsense.

He seems to love the division in his Twitter followers. The ones that think he's crusading for some greater good kissing ass, and the ones just trying to get a rise out of him.

In the middle of this lies the reality of the situation for which Royce obviously doesn't seem to grasp.

This is a sad day for Rockets basketball, and an organization that used to stand for something years ago. Now, entitled AAU rejects are taking that legacy and wiping their butts with it. Hopefully the front office learned from the T-Will experience and this one. Off the court issues matter.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    To be clear!, my only reason for publicly speaking is b/c YOU were lead to think I was AWOL, False. The communication has been loud n clear.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are a lot of people who are supporting him on his feed. If he gets cut I am sure he can get a job for a dug company.

20. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

You don't know that his "family doctor" is the best thing for his particular condition... sounds like they've bred a culture of avoidance within him.