1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Royce you played for crappy ol' Iowa State against teams heavily stocked with 6'2" corn-fed Communications and Earth Science majors. I'm not sure how talented you really are to begin with, buddy.

I've seen ACC players of the year drafted lower than you and then not work out in the NBA my son. These are gifted players living in big boy cities playing in big boy conferences in big boy tournaments. They're better than you are, Royce, and they're not in the league now.

You kind of suck, dawg. As player and evidently as a person as well.

2. YaosDirtyStache

Its almost like I am watching someone decent in to madness. Intriguing and horrifying. I hope he survives the night, but something is off.

3. Arthurprescott2

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Again My "Anxiety" is not well but not BAD, my main WORRY is being treated as a digit instead of a HUMAN, in the case of my health.

While #anxiety is the issue, the main piece of that isn't AIRPLANES, it's asking for support 4 my disorder thats consistent and fair.

Not being treated as a human, that's Daryl. :grin:

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Wow he's never going to play a minute in the NBA at this rate.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I really think it's gone to his head. Somewhere after the draft and all the publicity that went with his "condition", he became more about promoting the cause than his own basketball career. Sad. His condition was known last year, but it really wasn't much of an issue. He played every game for Iowa State, many of which were at very far away places (Texas, A&M, Baylor, Tech, NCAA tourney, etc.). He actually excelled under pressure and played his best game against UK in the second round.

He always needed to be monitored, which is why he went in the mid-first round and not the top 10. But the extent we're seeing now is NOT compatible with the Royce White folks saw at Iowa State. In college, White blew his first chance (Minnesota) before learning his lesson and catching on at Iowa State. Looks like the same scenario will hold true in the NBA, sadly.

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

He plays for the Rockets. Everyone is a digit and nothing more. Or maybe he is worried Les is going to flash him his middle digit.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He quit on his first college team (Minnesota) on YouTube.

This appears to be a replay with Twitter.

9. mic

mic Contributing Member

What is it with people and twitter meltdowns.

You can have a mental condition and still have the ability to check yourself.

10. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

LMAO. Who else has popcorn and is just enjoying this whole thing

11. Iron21

Iron21 Member

What? He doesn't like being called an asset or something?

12. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="https://twitter.com/thaheckler_">thaheckler_</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/highway_30">highway_30</a> dude shut up &amp; play ball, nothin is wrong with u” LAST THING ill say is, comments like ONLY prove a disconnect.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268554946788605952" data-datetime="2012-11-14T03:24:23+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    LOL

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

“@ThaHECKler_: @Highway_30 dude shut up & play ball, nothin is wrong with u” LAST THING ill say is, comments like ONLY prove a disconnect.

14. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Yeah, kind of reminds me of watching Charlie Sheen disintegrate in front of everyone. Quite disturbing.

15. Trackball

Trackball Member

It just occurred to me.

Doesn't this guy know what Herschel Walker had to go through?

The man had freaking MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER, but instead of cowering in a corner and letting it get the best of him, he used it to his advantage on the field, and the results spoke for themselves.

Yes, I know he was only diagnosed after retiring. The point is that he still had it, much like Double Dare host Marc Summers and his OCD (Summers is a hero of mine for that reason).

That's what frustrates me so much about this situation.

He's choosing the comfortable way, where he will be forgotten in ten years, instead of conquering his issues and utilizing his great talents, which would make him be remembered for a long, long time.

16. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

I've never been so entertained by Twitter as I am tonight. #Riveting

17. Arthurprescott2

twitter handle is "ThaHeckler" but he picks that ONE tweet out of the dozens of reasonable he's probably receiving? great example Royce. Point out the troll.

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

BRB going to cross up a 6'1" slow-footed Philosophy major in Iowa who will go on to run a successful flower delivery business.

Clearly I am NBA-ready. Behold my talent.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Handling your business through Twitter is high up there on the list of bad ideas. Even in the NBA where dealing with manchildren are the norm.

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

It's funny because I literally unfollowed him this morning.