1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. highlander3128

I really think all those Royce White drama will kill the team chemistry we have been building from the last 25 games.

No thanks, Royce. You can stay at home tweeting.

2. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

Enough with this guy! Just cut him and move on, this guy will never figure his stuff out. A loss for him and te Rockets but maybe he'll learn once he's forced to flip burgers!

3. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

If he doesn't work this out and gets shunned from the NBA, is this crusade worth the cost of millions of dollars? He's young and still thinks he can change the world; but it's that youth that blinds him from the mistakes of his choices. Maybe it all pans out for him, but it takes more than one man on an ego-trip to make a true difference in this world.

4. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I can see why mchale has zero sympathy for the guy when mchale is out there coaching 2 weeks after his daughters death and so emotionally beat up that he cried after meeting garnett

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I was all for the guy but he is crazy if he thinks he can blackmail the rox into playing time. I think he believes his pro-to-call is a guarantee of X mins per game and that's not happening. Maybe in college but not in the pros.

6. split41

split41 Member

Wow, I read through Royce's tweets, especially the exchange between him and Josh Innes and it feels like he is taking the rockets for a ride. I respect this guy's anxiety issues, but he seems to a few more "mental issues", he's so vague in his tweets when asked what the rox need to do for him to play. He doesn't want to play in the d-league. This guy is a diva and he's pretty much blown his chance to play in the NBA. No one is touch this guy after this fiasco.

7. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Is it too early to change the thread title? Royce White skips the NBA.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The most annoying thing about this guy is that he has planned this all along.

Basically, he entered the NBA with the intent to defraud the team that drafted him - possibly unless they were going to roll out a red carpet and treat him like Lebron James, which he thinks he is.

9. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

that's really what it's starting to look like. probably won't end well for him. the NBA is not a fair world. he better hope he doesn't disappear for "basketball reasons."

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

It's irresponsible to jump to conclusions like that.

It could very well be he intended to actually play in the NBA, but events transpired in between and the view we see now is "Royce White defrauded the Rockets"

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What "events transpired"? He won't even say what EXACTLY he wants? He was supposed to go to the D-League and turned even crazier after that.

Basically, he is an *******.

And all these guys sending him "support", which he frantically retweets, are idiots who don't even know what exactly they are "supporting". Defrauding your employer? He is very well aware of his rights under ADA laws. He knows exactly how to get money without doing anything for it.

He is scum.

12. catch22

catch22 Member

he is not only mentally ill but mentally weak. just cut this scumbag. there are many people have anxiety disorder, but white is the worst example

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think we're overstepping the line here. He's guy with mental problems.

If there's a need a to blame anyone it's on the Rockets for making the pick.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Although he keeps spouting off crap about "transparency" and "protocol", he keeps avoiding an answer to the question:

WTF exactly do you want?

If you could decide on the #protocol, what exactly would it be?

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There is having mental problems, and there is being a prick. His passive aggressive "Be well" and all his vague BS on Twitter are unbearable. I avoid looking at it for days, then this thread comes back up again and I can't help clicking. It's like looking at a train wreck.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This. I think other teams would have cut him or bought him out by now.

17. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I feel sorry for future athletes who have had this idiot hurt their chances of a professional career. Just because he's an immature attention seeking wanker pro sports teams are going to think of the name Royce White whenever anxiety/mental illness problems are associated with anyone in the future. I just wish the Rockets would do themselves and others a favor and waive him, let him become an afterthought.

18. split41

split41 Member

I agree, I watched his draft day video, it seems pretty much all the other teams were going to pass on him in the first round, because he was too much of a risk (he might have gone late 1st round or second round).

McHale stuck his head out for this guy, and now McHale must feel like a chump.

With all that being said, the rox gave Royce all that they could and then he goes and bad mouths them talking about protocol and workplace laws, I don't think anyone expected his personality to be so toxic.

19. split41

split41 Member

He's just being an entitled Diva, when question about what was different between playing for Iowa State and the D-League, in terms of protocol, as the rox have done all they can, he responds with "irrelevant."

He's done unless he does a complete turn around personality wise.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He is being paid millions of dollars to bounce an inflatable ball.

1 person likes this.