1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The return of the MIGRAINE! Somebody pls me out.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/272926555636899840" data-datetime="2012-11-26T04:55:36+00:00">November 26, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>You spoke too soon. It's back to business with this guy

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yep, this tragedy threw a wrench into his whole "I'm a victim" ploy

3. Metta

Metta Member

In hell is freezing over news:

Source: http://www.hoopsworld.com/daryl-morey-watches-rookies-shine-in-d-league/

Yes, the source is PoopsWorld, but it's a direct quote from Morey. What the what?

4. clutz

clutz Member

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It likely means "we never publicly announced it", which would be true.
    We just won't know. The Rockets are clearly deflecting direct questions. So anything they are saying right now probably doesn't mean much and shouldn't be interpreted too wildly.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doesn't sound like Morey to me...plus that's more than he usually says, why give more to hoopsworld, of all people?

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He better watch what he asks for.

I think there are many people who would love to just do just that. Not condoning violence but...one little punch won't hurt him would it?

8. ChrisBC07

ChrisBC07 Member

He's getting migranes from staring at his phone screen from tweeting too much. I really wish this guy would just play. So much potential.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that was actually funny....being the best at what you do best, Royce!

10. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

And dare I say, what does attacking him accomplish, other than boosting our self-esteem and trying to lower his. You can't honestly believe barraging him with witty insults and "i'm better than you statements" is really helping the cause either. All he does is retweet it and piss you off even more, are you being manipulated? You guys already know the best solution, which is ignoring him, but you don't do it because he doesn't fit your values and you need to throw your anger somewhere.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Every day this guy continues to be on the roster is an insult to the fans. He should be released, and his jersey number should be permanently retired to the hall of shame.

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

To be honest, Royce in DLeague is kind of dangerous. Just look at all the fun casual fans here are having at his expense.

When he gets down there to the DLeague with 21 other guys (including the other team) that is doing all they possibly can to keep an NBA dream alive, I can't imagine how these players will be ridiculing Royce during practice, in the locker room and on the court.

Half the people will probably try to channel their inner Garnett/Wallace trash talking directed aimed at his anxiety disorder. They certainly won't be as mature and understanding as the rockets teammates. And in some ways, you can't blame them.

I think this may be what Royce is saying about unsafe workplace, and now why he isn't going to be sent down to DLeague.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Honestly. No need to cut bait at this point. He's worthless to the Rockets right now, and worthless to everyone else too. The value of his stock can't possibly fall any further.

Anyway, I thought at the draft that if 1 of 3 rookies succeed, I'd be happy. Lamb succeeded in getting us Harden. And Jones looks to be oozing with potential. Even if White never suits up again, I'm still content with this draft.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If your case is whether fan response is helping the matter then I agree with you. But expression and reaction are such deep human qualities that they cannot be subdued by logic or rationality.

Therefore I conclude that since such will be the case, the only way to resolve the matter is stem the tide at the source. And as long as that source continues to feed the fire, the bigger it will get.

At the end of the day, which is more feasible? Get one person to stop tweeting or get the world as a whole to quit responding?

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"I'm not going to stop tweeting, rights are rights, until you walk a mile in my big-ole sneaks you just don't understand, SO!"

Uh, that was my preemptive version of a Royce White tweet response, weak as it might be.

1 person likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, I think he just means McAllen, TX. Full of poisonous snakes and Mexicans. :p

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Oh stop it, welcome to the real world. We can't keep babying people for the rest of their lives. He could use some humbling, ship his ass to the DLeague.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And they all go to La Plaza shopping mall (the Mexicans, not the poisonous snakes) and you can't find a parking space for 2 miles. :)

Never seen so many Tamaulipas license plates this side of the border in my life.

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

That's what finally got me about this whole situation. He keeps tweeting that he won't sacrifice his well-being for money, but he isn't sacrificing anything. Not money, not his time, and not his well-being. Why does he think he has the moral high ground in all this?

20. jose

jose Member

I don't understand why he even bothered to show up to the draft if he was gonna be like this. What other demands does he need at this point? Private corporate jets are way safer than the commercial airliners the rest of us have to board.