1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He won't have control in a long time.
    Top 10 talent here or there does not MATTER...
    he hasn't shown one iota of it in Summer League or where he is only the 6th man

He has talent but I doubt he has the talents to be "the man" early on, if ever. Once he realizes this his anxiety whatever kicks in.

If somehow he learns how to be humble under his unique circumstance and contact person face to face instead of behind their backs on the interweb he will improve his condition

2. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

r u sure....cause seemz like u aint

dood aint goin to da DR.........a #REAL DR that da ROX hooked up........seemz like he just treet himsself......look at dis....haz he EVA been to a psych?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1200858/2/index.htm

http://www.hoopsworld.com/royce-white-ready-to-conquer-anxiety-nba/

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

anything new? Can't wait to sit here for the next hour and read what's been up

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

It's actually been quite quiet lately, calm before the calm we hope.;)

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He finally went to sleep.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yall spoke too soon.. he's retweeting again.

Oh noes! Cushing is getting in on it too! :p

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/briancushing56">briancushing56</a> whatsup you psycho nutcase let me get a rt or follow from my favorite nfl player</p>&mdash; Sam Plotkin (@SamPlotkin1) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamPlotkin1/status/269273738753757185" data-datetime="2012-11-16T03:00:36+00:00">November 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Mr. Clutch

8. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I'll be honest, I didn't follow Royce's game in college.
    I don't know a lot about him in general.
    But, I've had terrible anxiety, and an immense fear of flying since a child.
    I'm sure many can attest to the fact, it's brutal...many days you just breakdown....so I sympathize with his situation.

On the flip side, I do understand those arguing he's getting paid to do a job...so something needs to happen.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm sure I have. The fact that you're quoting hoopsworld in your post makes it seem like you haven't really read this bbs before.

Nothing you posted changes anything I've posted. Your posts are hard to follow because you're writing them in text speak rather than actual English.

10. Mr. Clutch

Text speak? I think it's Ebonics.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If only...

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

So, when we drafted him, I believe it was reported that he had a fear of flying, but that it was under control and it wouldn't be a problem.

He was able to make it to Houston for the press conference after we drafted him and everything seemed good.

He signs his contract and plays in the summer league and everything is good.

Suddenly everything goes wrong, and now he seems to have a lot more issues other than just a fear of flying.

I wonder if the best place for him might not be a mental hospital where he can get full time help. I feel bad for the predicament the Rockets are in, but I am genuinely concerned about Royce White.

I think it would be a good thing if someone from the league office would volunteer to step in and help resolve this issue. I think there needs to be a neutral party to try and help work out a solution.

1 person likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

He doesn't like practice, he just wants to play in games.

He's like an Iverson with 1/10th the talent.

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Why doesnt he just go to see that doctor in germany or wherever tmac went to and get his vagina fixed??

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

But he has anxiety! We have to let him run free and trash our organization for no substantive reason or else it'll get worse!

16. kent335

kent335 Member

Pretty
    Traumatic
    Scrub
    Disorder

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

18. chief

chief Member

So you mean to tell me PTSD is only entitled to War veterans?..Its people like you who just need to not speak on this cause you have no idea or real education on what the hell your talking about fool.>Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! Almost 10 hours and no tweets from Royce? Is the saga over? Are Royce and the Rockets friends again? Fingers and toes crossed.:confused: