1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White refuses assignment to D-League (UPDATE: Rockets suspend him)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Do you want the Rockets to give up on Royce White?

1. No. He's a talent that can help us win down the road.

156 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Yes. He's not worth it. Cut him from the team.

566 vote(s)
    78.4%
  1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOl bowen compared him to anthony mason without the D....what else is there? Mason was an effort and heart guy. Plenty of guts and guile, crazy physical. If Royce doesnt have that, what does he have? the mid range J Mason would drop sometimes?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My guess is he'd include the Rockets as well. Throw spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks.

3. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

At this point nothing Royce is not doing or saying anything that makes any sense.

1. He claims the travel issues have been resolved to his satisfation long ago.

2. He claims that his anxiety is under control and not an issue at this time

3. He claims that he wants his physician to have executive authority over his health but essentially his physician already has that. Just like the team never suspended or fined Steve Francis for his migrains, they would not fine or suspend Royce for having a panic attack. The team will be completely supportive of what ever treatment the physician mandates for Royce.

What Royce is really asking for is for his physician to have contral over company business and polocies so Daryl Morey can not send Royce to the D-League or so the physician can mandate Royce a certain amount of minutes per game to provide for his mental health.

The Rockets stance has been clear and constant: "Do what you need to do to get yourself mentally healthy so you can come to work, but when you are mentally healthy you are expected to fullfil the obligations of your contract." Clearly Royce is currently not having issues with anxiety (or so he says) so he is obligated to be at work.

Maybe its just me but not getting a pay check or possibly losing my job would create a lot more stress for me than deciding not to go to Rio Grand Valley to play basketball. I'm not a big believer in coincedences so I do not think that it's a coincedence that both times that Royce seperated himself from the orginization was right after he was assigned to the D-League.

2 people like this.
  6. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Royce is officially the opposite of Batman.

7. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

#justdidaRoyceWhite #YouTubeembeddingfail

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qnwLp_IPdSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

most lawsuits don't go to trial and he and his agent may be angling for some out of court settlement if they do flle one.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Exactly. Bite the hand that feeds you. The NBA and the Rockets went out on a limb for you and this is what you do. You asked for a cookie and now you want a house.

11. Grigori

Grigori Member

First it was, "Hey, may I take a bus to games? I'll buy the bus."

Okay.

Then it was, "Hey, may I get that in writing?"

Okay.

Then it was, "Hey, how about you guys buy the bus instead?"

Okay.

Then it was, "Hey, how about whatever I tell my doctor I want, I get, no question asked?"

How about we simply stop paying you?

1 person likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He is evidently smart, he is just really immature. I think he very well should have stayed in college. It might have eased his transition and may have better established his presence in the NBA. As it stands right now, no team will be willing to touch him until he makes things work out with the Rockets. It is in his and Houston's best interest to work this out. Until then trades and playing time are off the table.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

#BeWell...

14. Arthurprescott2

He should have stayed in college but then he knocked up his girl.

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Of course the Rockets are not going to cut or waive White. Why do that when you can just suspend him without pay.

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

A diamond was Chandler Parsons, a cubic zirconia is White...

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

******* this guy sounds like gandhi on crack.

1 person likes this.
  18. Granville

Granville Member

And the Physician is a Family Practice Doc at that. F'n stupid.

19. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

It should be against the NBA, NBPA and CBA or whatever. He has stated that the entire league should have protocol and not only the Rockets. He said something about it doesn't matter if he's playing on a different team, the entire NBA needs #protocol.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I'm more impressed with his scamming abilities than his basketball abilities.

Sad part is this sets up well for a reality show. If kim k can get a gig because of OJs murder then anyone can.

GOD BLESS AMERICA