1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White refuses assignment to D-League (UPDATE: Rockets suspend him)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Do you want the Rockets to give up on Royce White?

1. No. He's a talent that can help us win down the road.

156 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Yes. He's not worth it. Cut him from the team.

566 vote(s)
    78.4%
  1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

FWIW, I'm not sure that Royce's suspension is only for 1 week. I think that was just the way Jonathan Feigen worded his tweet. I think Feigen meant that the suspension comes 1 week after White refused his D-League assignment. A moderator may want to change the title of the thread accordingly.

2. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

When this dude end up working for Burger King, maybe then he get his safety protocol implemented , Royce is full of *****, he new what was required of him to be a NBA player. He is not trying work with the rockets and being coddled by every one around him. Some one needs to b*tch slap his A$$, maybe he will wake up then.

3. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

What specific 'protocol' has been provided by his or any doctors? I've never seen this mentioned anywhere. If there is such a 'protocol' documented somewhere, I would guess it is by a doctor of White's choosing. Ultimately this may be a situation where the player's doctors and team doctors have come to completely different conclusions.

I suspect White's protocol is to 'take the Rocket's money and totally avoid the stress of trying to overcome his travel phobia' versus a much different (and likely more balanced) approach from the 'protocol' recommended by the Rocket's mental health staff.

4. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

He and his mom need to make another video of them hugging w/ her assuring him everything will be okay. #ItsTime

5. mirus

mirus Member

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
    @Highway_30 And all anyone wants for you is for you to go to work and prove that no one is defined by their condition.
    In reply to Royce White
    View conversation
    3 Jan Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
    @Highway_30 The truth doesn't need hashtags, or obstinate proclamaitions. It needs nuance, understanding, and compromise to be heard.

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5
    *Sets Tweetdeck filter for Royce White* I just can't deal with this story anymore.

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I agree with the CBS article that we don't really know the details. I wonder why many people are making judgement before knowing the facts.

What if doctors indeed advise that some specific things related to Dleague assigment is medically harmful to White at this point? What if that's exactly what the doctors were saying? If this is the fact, the whole situation should be judged completely differently.

I'll hold my critisicm before knowing the facts.

7. mirus

mirus Member

This .I suspect he avoids it all his life and his family & friends accommodate him to it

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Problem is, He is being so vague that theory might even be wrong. What do you think the doctors are saying? That he should be allowed in the current rotation?

Hahahahahahahahaha not happening.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thought the same. Many are reporting it as a one week suspension. That's kinda random and doesn't make sense. One week suspension? What you said, the suspension comes one week after he refused assignment.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The guy is a full-blown idiot. I hope this is a well thought-out step to prepare a waterproof legal case to get rid of the guy without having to pay him a dime.

Everyone who is supportive of this guy is an idiot himself.

1 person likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Suspend his internet connection.

He will be begging to play in the D-league.

12. mirus

mirus Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    Let me say it again, ... UNSAFE 4 ANY PLAYER, when management takes exec. authority in a medical situation. Its a conflict of interest.

1 person likes this.
  13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I can't recall any NBA player with mental health issues having their mental health in jeopardy from being in the NBA. Delonte West and Vernon Maxwell had some screws loose. They seemed to get by.

14. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

There's no way he wasn't aware of everything he's fighting before before the draft. The classes, conferences etc. I'm shocked someone so knowledgeable ended up so unprepared.

15. mirus

mirus Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    Amazing thing about White situation: Our editors keep finding new photos of him practicing/playing w Rockets. Photogs were busy those days.

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    Weird the things you notice when your flight is delayed and you didn't bring enough reading material.

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

He has no respect for this organization.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't see how the dleague would be so bad. Games are regionally closer, so he could bus to many games. Sounds like a safer environment than the NbA. Sure, it may not have the luxuries of the NBA but so what? Is that the problem? They get donuts instead of cater food, and they sleep in 3 star hotels and not five? Seriously....

18. kastuul

kastuul Member

Patrick Beverley in
    Royce White out

19. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I'm with this guy. It's just too depressing, this waste of potential, talent, and opportunity. And what about Royce's two children and their future?

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

#quotedfortruth