1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White refuses assignment to D-League (UPDATE: Rockets suspend him)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Do you want the Rockets to give up on Royce White?

1. No. He's a talent that can help us win down the road.

156 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Yes. He's not worth it. Cut him from the team.

566 vote(s)
    78.4%
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I can see us cutting ties with him, and someone else will most def pick him up. I can hear the boo's now on his return to HOU

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Exactly. He explicitly said in his last "letter" on NBA.com that he will not allow any team decisions to be made by "business"....

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Great news. I hope he never plays an NBA and ends up broke in the streets begging for change. **** that guy

4. napalm06

What team would do this to themselves? Royce is doing his best to turn it into a circus at this point, despite Morey's best efforts. Maybe after a couple years someone might warm back up to the idea of making a gamble for Royce's talent.

5. kastuul

kastuul Member

We should get rid of him and be nice.
    He may commit suicide.

6. napalm06

It sounds like he has a personal doctor who, in a sense, brainwashed him to the point that Royce pathologically mistrusts all other opinions. In a sense, the guy just 'got to him first' and has entitled him through his whole sports career.

7. peter2012

peter2012 Member

ME TOO!!!

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

We should all pick a day on the calendar and blow up his twitter account, telling him exactly how stupid he is and how little support he has.

9. mirus

mirus Member

GOAL !! Suarez

10. mirus

mirus Member

^^sorry wrong forum :(

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    Undeniably UNSAFE 4 ANY PLAYER, when management has exec. authority in medical situations. Conflict of Interest, Health vs. Business #BeWell

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Stay classy man

12. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

The whole situation is just sad....sad that he turned it into a circus show.....have respect for yourself and the team that decided to take the risk on u which none other was willing to do.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah, Morey's track-record gambling on talented, yet troubled players is not sterling. But Royce makes TWill look like Dudly Do Right.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Doesn't this statement effectively kill any legal action he might have had? How can you argue your employer didn't meet your accomadations when you never showed up to work?

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

#unfollowroycewhite

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

If his issue is playing time on the NBA level, then a team like the Bobcats can pick him up, give him 20mpg, and let him develop on the big league level while they tank. There actually is the possibility that he develops.

I think that would be the worst case scenario for Morey and the Rockets. They want to make it so that if White leaves, it's going to be via trade and not as a FA. He can go ahead and retire, but they want to retain his rights.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

1 week?

Good lawd!
    Honestly Morey had to do something else and this was it. White is an annoying tool on so many levels that is trying to win sympathy based on his bloody neuroses but forgive me if I've missed a thread on this(Haven't been a regular in the GARM lately) has Morey received his share of blame for rolling the dice on White who imo was risky just from the little I saw of him in the piece Grantland did on him?

18. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Just cut him and move on. Can't miss what you never had.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I use to think Demarcus cousins was a head case but Royce got that one