1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White refuses assignment to D-League (UPDATE: Rockets suspend him)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Do you want the Rockets to give up on Royce White?

1. No. He's a talent that can help us win down the road.

156 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Yes. He's not worth it. Cut him from the team.

566 vote(s)
    78.4%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Some of the latest.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also quoting Gandhi.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

battling himself in sleep over joining Dleague or not

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he'll make such a good comedian ...just lay down bball

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Just so you know, this is just one step closer to him getting traded the hell out of here. This guy is a world-class piece of $hit! You don't realize that right now but you will in time. Any basketball Owner, GM, Coach, Player, Former Player, Former Great, Former Burnout will tell you that attitude and work ethic is the big difference between a garbage player and a superstar. Royce White possesses a horrible attitude that does not get better with pills and 0 work ethic. Imagine if this guy was on Michael Jordan's, Kobe Bryant's, Karl Malone's, Gary Payton's, Jeff Van Gundy's, list goes on, team. You think they would feel sorry for this guy and say, Ah shucks buddy, I sure hope you feel better and when you can just work through some of your personal issues we sure would like you to come over and hang out with us and try and get on the court. That would just be swell. I really hope you are up for it my friend. HELL F**KING NO! They would tell that son-of-a-b**** that he is wasting a roster spot on someone they NEED NOW to win the next game and he would probably be crucified by the above mentioned as he should be as well as every other player in the league.

Royce White's attitude and work ethic are a dime a dozen. Go look at the hundreds of players that are clones of this a$$hole. We see them every year. Tremendous talent or potential who don't give a crap and looking for money. Once that check is written, it's off to the couch. It happens to every team.

Here is a saying that you can keep in your back pocket and pull out any time you have delusional fantasies like the one you just had, it goes like this, "You can wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up first". It will come in handy before the next time you speak and sound like a dreamer who is out of touch with reality.

6. ada32

ada32 Member

Lol, I was dreaming, but Rokman step in:

[​IMG]

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I can't see anything in his timeline which would indicate that he's not going.

Hopefully this is a positive step.

8. SRR21

SRR21 Member

A beast would be great, but I would be happy if he just turned into a valuable trade asset.

9. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

about ******* time. how fat is he about now?

10. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

I was excited about seeing Royce play before Harden was traded here. I can't wait to see the two of them on the floor together.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

as long as he performs, tweet away if it helps him deal with whatever

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. ada32

ada32 Member

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I seriously doubt Royce sees any PT with the big team this year, and if he does, it'll be garbage time very late in the season. Even if he totally beasts it up with the Vipers, there's no way McHale is going to give him time over guys like Jones and D-Mo who have been good soldiers all along. Royce has pretty much torched his rookie year.

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Any news whether he reported to the Vipers or not? Based on his comments on twitter he's not going anywhere.

16. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Berman just reported that White is not accepting his assignment to D League! Time to cut him and move on. Becoming a distraction in a season that is going better than expected!

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Mark Berman just tweeted Royce will not accept assignment to D-League. #AnxietyTroopers

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not surprised. The guy just wants the money. It was his scheme from the start. Get the money, do nothing for it.

P.S.: Who the hell does the guy think he is to "issue a statement".

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Publicist 4 Royce White, China Myers, confirms White not accepting assignment to D-League "until a mental health protocol is in place."</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/285454959972085760" data-datetime="2012-12-30T18:39:00+00:00">December 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>