1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White ready to make NBA debut with Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tim777dawg, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

we didn't do our homework. Clutchfans posters from ISU have outed him as a sleazebag and a manipulator of everyone around him. He had character red flags across the board that we missed on, just because he's articulate in an interview setting.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I never was that excited about him coming into the NBA. He's a skilled player...but he's slow. Watching him is like watching a player play in mud or something. He has handles and all...but then again he's slow.

If he was really that talented teams would have held onto him despite his issues and he wouldn't have such a hard time finding PT.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's slow because he's fat. If he stays on an NBA roster he'll be fine. I think he has the potential to be an Anthony Mason type of player. He can defend most PF's, he's stronger than he appears and a high bball IQ means he can learn to rebound well.

I think the Kings have been successful at managing an easily demotivated Demarcus Cousins, so it's possible they will have success with Royce.

IMO it was stupid of Philly to cut him. Most of their roster was not going to be around by next season, and they have plenty of minutes to spare. For them it was a risk worth taking. For us, not really.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13 games left for the Kings

Not surprised that JTR is a White supporter and that his stat sheet says 0 pts 0 rbs 0 asts

triple zero

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let us be honest.

Even without his mental issues, he would be a borderline NBA player.....being in and out of the league. He would struggle with attitude issues, anger management and unprofessionalism.

Couldn't really score, shoot and isn't at NBA speed level.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Piss off Royce.

Had the opportunity to prove that people with his condition should not have it held against them, there are plenty of people who deal with what he has to but still tough it out to provide for their families, yet this dropkick handled himself pathetically when his job was to bounce an inflatable ball, and MAGICALLY His issues resolved itself after he needs another check.

Right

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm just glad he's no longer our problem.

I would think Cousins and White together would be a very combustible mix.

8. Buck Turgidson

Never signed, hence the "made a roster" caveat.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i'm not typically one to wish ill will towards anyone...

but man, I wish this dude was workin at a Winchell's somewhere...

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Your (wholly unwarranted) condescension is so. incredibly. annoying. Seriously.

Anyway -- cool story, bro re: Royce.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Aw, man. :(

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Morey saying (I think he said this) that Royce had top 5 potenital in this draft should give you some insight into what he could of been.

+ he looked pretty good in the summer league games

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Look.... ask yourself.... Terrence Williams was a 11th lottery pick, he played ok his first season, averaged 20 and 10 and 10 triple double in the Dleague after that. And still did not amount to anything.....

And don't tell me Royce is more talented than Williams at the beginning.
    Those guys flame out because of unprofessionalism, laziness and whatever....

14. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Why bother making a forum about royce?

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Morey also said he drafted Joey Dorsey because he was "NBA ready". Morey can be dead wrong about something just like anyone else.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a fraud, the guy is a narcissist, and being cut and told NO was the best thing that could happen to him.

He has been coddled far to long.

DD

17. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

I dislike Royce.

I have plenty reason to.

I have the same exact condition as Royce, except mine was more severe.

I wanted to "bewell" so I sought treatment. 15 minutes with a psychologist and after that 7-8 minutes with a psychiatrist and I was basically cured. I say basically only because I have to take meds.

This is one of the easiest mental illnesses to treat. Did Royce select not to take medication? I have no idea. But if he did refuse, his condition is not that severe to begin with, trust me.

Even untreated, he knows exactly what he's doing, with clarity, he knows of his actions and the consequences of those actions.

So here's Royce, giving people like me a bad name. That I can't be reasoned with, that I need special accommodations, that I'm irrational, that I don't want to work hard, just make excuses.

Oh, and for the poster who claims I'm "insane" because I have a mental illness, I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. Do NOT lump all mental illnesses together, it's not fair to the truly mentally ill, or to me.

18. Chamillionaire

What exactly is your condition?

I`ve heard medication helps, but there are LOTS of negative side effects.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree. Let's hope he gets the message.

It's sad to see a man waste his life and talent like this.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

One thing with anxiety is that it is not one side fits all. I definitely feel that Royce used it to be lazy and get his way, but you can't put your situation on his, just like i couldnt put mine on yours.