1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White ready to make NBA debut with Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tim777dawg, Mar 21, 2014.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That and not all mental illness is the same. Also consider there were several members here with the same diagnosed illness as Royce White (unless all of them were lying) who said some of his behaviors diverged significantly from what someone with that disease normally does.

Not all mental illness is an "I'm not responsible for anything I do and say" card.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You're projecting whatever ridiculous parallel you're trying to draw onto Royce White and portraying him as some sacrificial victim to further your argument.

You are the one being judgmental. You might want to get checked for mental instability yourself. There's no reason to be so aggressive. Or do you just lack the intelligence to remain civil?
    <br>
    Yes I very well remember those posters who claimed as much in that GARM thread. I fully agree with the points you've made.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I thought you had checked out of the conversation. Should I do some serious research? Should I get my daughter who was probably certifiably out of her mind from 15 to 20 years old to research the matter and weigh in? I spent close to a half million dollars on her treatment during those years. All those dollars that BCBS would not cover. That money got me many many hours with the best mental health experts in the country. I think I am coming from a base of knowledge that none of you can come close to.

White is mentally ill. That is a big red flag in the NBA. The Rockets went in and drafted him at #16. And there are a bunch of butt-hurt fans on the GARM. What else is new? Get over it.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not leaving the thread because of you. Don't give yourself that much credit. Can we add insufferable arrogance to your resume?

You aren't even worth engaging. Based on other comments, I'm just learning what others already knew.

As hard as you make it, I sympathize with your plight. But I ain't going anywhere.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I do not know what that has to do with the topic. What many posters view as insufferable arrogance is just being correct. They cannot fathom that their ill stated opinion was incredibly flawed. So they blame the messenger. Without assuming the blame for their incoherent and flawed reasoning. And when do I ever not know what I am talking about? I am stats reliant unless discussing White's mental illness. No stats work there. I bear you no ill will and from my point of view this disagreement disappears with this thread.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Your insufferable arrogance is not limited in this thread. And everyone except yourself knows that you are not always correct.

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I am watching this game for nothing!

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

To conclude this discussion (hopefully) I would like to say that it is OK to be angry with White's decisions. I would certainly have been if I had not been so angry with many of my daughters decisions. I broke my hand punching a brick wall after one of my daughters exploits. But with experience one can separate the sane from the insane in others. White is not a bad person. He is just a very disturbed person. We should not blame him for this. It was well known. All we can do do is hope for the best for him.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Wow. And when have I ever trod on your nads? This is a topic I have more experience with than everyone here combined.

10. Orange

Orange Member

Shut up already

11. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Haha right? Probably should have just tuned in for garbage time..

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With a loss to the Spurs all but complete, Kings coach Michael Malone puts Royce White into the first game of his complicated NBA career.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/447227647156686848" data-datetime="2014-03-21T23:25:54+00:00">March 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Buck Turgidson

That's cool and all, but I was kinda hoping he would go down in NBA history as the only 1st round pick to make a roster and never play a minute. Somebody has to do it eventually.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Fran Vázquez comes to mind but I'm sure there have been others.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Do you ever add anything to a conversation or do you just post stupid gifs? Oh, wait, dumb question.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Len Bias

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Tragic.

19. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

royce is a smart guy, i will give you that... he is always articulated in interviews, he did well in college academic wise... his BB Iq is good too, just a talented young man with a mind that nobody know where it is sometimes...

20. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

#BeWell LOL