1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White ready to make NBA debut with Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tim777dawg, Mar 21, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And you make your assumption and I make mine. I do hope that my assumption is closer to the truth than yours. For White's sake. Such hate, for a player who advertised his mental issues before he was even drafted. That I cannot understand.

2. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Don't understand why certain Rockets fans are still butt-hurt over RW. He's gone. I don't mind people disliking him in general, but what's the point of wishing that another man ends up broke or in the street? It didn't work out, ***** happens, we moved on.. And for the most part, we're looking pretty good damn right now. Feel free to flame, just speaking my thoughts.

Go Rockets always.

3. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

damn good*

Typo.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I could be making the NBA debut for the "Kings".

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Really?????????????

7. Dei

Dei Member

Why do people keep giving him money?

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Yeah, it can. That doesn't mean it will.

9. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

I get it, but not to the point where I want him in the streets due to his episode with the Rockets.

With that said, I feel we wasted a draft pick on him. But we drafted him still, and it just didn't work out. Don't necessarily like the dude due to all the drama and neg. attention it brought to the Rockets.. But if he can actually turn it around after all of that then shoot, more power to the dude.

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Maybe because some people don't want his type of behavior to be encouraged by success.

11. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IMOMH1purwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He doesn't look that fat as compare to when he was with 76ers. So he is trying hard to come back. I guess the money is tight. LOL. But overall, I wish him goodluck and would love for him to play at the top level in NBA because I love his style of game. His game is potentially an all star type of game.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I sure hope you aren't saying I hate Royce White.

Why is it hard to understand some Rockets fans hating him? What he did was despicable. Using mental illness as a prop is very low class. That kind of behavior (plus his moronic tweets and rationalizations) draw out the worst in people.

"Trust me on this:" When celebrities act their worst in the public eye, they will draw venom.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Teams are taking calculated risks with him.

Can't fault the guy for trying to turn things around

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

White admitted to misleading the team about the severity of his anxiety issues in his predraft interviews. He's a con-man and deserves any scorn he gets.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Well, looks like White needs more money for child support. I think once he gets that long term contract, his symptoms will "worsen" again.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

White certainly did not hide his mental issues before the draft. There were many discussions about it. The Rockets chose to take him in the draft anyway. It did not work out. But is that really much worse than choosing MM (god kwahmi got away) or Patterson in the draft? Weren't they just Morey's basic salary dumps of failed NBA players? Or at least borderline NBA players on a roster looking for a chip? It is probably just me. I cannot fathom walking a mile in White's shoes, so I will never judge him. You perhaps should not either.

17. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

I agree with this.

There were signs of his behavior ahead of the draft... We took the chance anyways. Regardless, that's not my immediate issue..

Just don't know why some people won't be satisfied until he's him out in the street, lol.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think anyone will be encouraged to act like him if he succeeds.

The guy was almost out if the NBA. He's not exactly a success story.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He downplayed his fear of flying. Said it wouldn't be an issue. He admitted he misled the team.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I believe most would view his story as a tragedy. Only the clueless and venal would blame White.